Use Zoom in vcita for Appointments and Events
Connect vcita to Zoom to host online appointments and events! Zoom works great for running meetings, group classes, workshops, webinars, and more.
When your clients book an online Zoom meeting or event, they will receive the location details in the confirmation message. To join the meeting, simply click on the Zoom meeting URL present in the confirmation notification and reminders. The meeting link is unique to that appointment/event so you won't have to worry about publicizing your personal Zoom link, and you will be able to transition seamlessly between sessions.
You and each one of your staff members must have your own Zoom account. You can add your staff members as users under your premium Zoom account, as long as they have their own login credentials. Consider upgrading to the Zoom business plan, if you would like to enable single sign-on for your entire company.
If you and your staff already have Zoom accounts, you may skip directly to Connecting your Zoom account below.
If you're using Zoom for the first time, Sign In to Zoom and create an account. It only takes a few minutes.
Follow any on-screen prompts and Zoom will install in a matter of minutes. With help installing Zoom to your computer or device refer to Zoom’s installation guide.
Connecting your Zoom account (Single Staff)
Connecting to Zoom from your vcita account is easy.
1. Start by going to your Settings > Integrations page, locate Zoom, and click Connect.
2. You’ll be prompted to log in to your Zoom account, by entering your Zoom username and password:
3. You’ll be prompted to allow vcita to access your Zoom account. To approve and continue, just click Authorize:
And that’s it! Your vcita account is now connected to Zoom! To create online sessions or events using Zoom, skip ahead to Using Zoom.
Connecting your Zoom account (Multi Staff)
Every staff member offering services over Zoom must have their own login credentials. Primary admin or admins cannot add a Zoom account for their staff members. They will not see the integration tab when viewing their staff member's settings. Each staff member will need to log into their own account to connect to Zoom.
To connect your individual Zoom account:
- Navigate to Settings > Staff. and click the ⋮ icon by your name. Select Staff settings to edit your advanced staff settings.
- In the Integrations tab, click Connect under Zoom.
- Log in with your personal Zoom credentials.
4. You’ll be prompted to allow vcita to access your Zoom account. To approve and continue, just click Authorize:
And that’s it! Your vcita account is now connected to Zoom! To create online sessions or events using Zoom, refer to the section right below.
Using Zoom for Online Appointments and Events
Now that you’re connected to Zoom, it's time to enable your services with Zoom.
1. From Settings > My Services, click on the service you want to offer online using Zoom.
2. Under the service Location Setting select Online > Zoom.
3. Once you’ve selected Zoom for your online service location, the system will automatically and seamlessly generate a unique meeting URL for each individual appointment or event.
4. The new Zoom meeting URL will appear in the booking details, booking email & SMS notifications under your clients’ Client Portal account, so everyone is always on the same page about the meeting location.
Here’s how your unique meeting URL will appear from your Appointment/Event page:
Here’s what your client will be able to see through their Client Portal account:
Disconnecting your Zoom account
If you wish to disconnect your Zoom account from vcita, simply go to the Settings > Integrations page, locate Zoom, and click Disconnect.
If you wish to connect to a different Zoom account to vcita, disconnect from your existing Zoom account in order to then connect with your new account.
To disconnect from vcita in your Zoom account:
- Login to your Zoom account and navigate to the Zoom Marketplace.
- Search for vcita and click the app or navigate to your installed apps via Manage > Installed Apps.
- Click Uninstall next to vcita.
To confirm, click Uninstall when prompted.