vCita supports bulk import of clients from either Google Contacts or any file in CSV / Excel format. Using a CSV / Excel file for the import gives you the flexibility of importing data for customized Client Card fields so you can collect specific information that is helpful for your business needs. In addition, you may import data into the following portions of the Client Card:
- Time zone: If your calendar is configured to support multiple time zones, this field appears in the Additional information section of the Info tab.
IMPORTANT: For a successful import, you need to enter time zones into the import file in a specific format. Download the attachment at the end of this article to view the correct formats.
- Tags: Labels with which you can organize and group your client list.
- Notes: Supplementary information or important details about a client.
Tags and notes appear in the Main tab of the Client Card.
IMPORTANT: For more details and important information about how to correctly prepare your file for a successful import, refer to Creating a Customized CSV / Excel File.
Note: Importing from CSV/Excel is not supported on mobile web.
To import clients from a CSV or Excel file:
- At the top of the Clients page, click Import.
The Import Clients window opens.
- Click Spreadsheet.
You will be prompted to specify the import file.
- Drag and drop the relevant file into the area indicated. Alternatively, click Upload. Then, from the dialog that opens, browse to your import file, select it and click Open.
After specifying the file, the Field mapping page opens. Column headers of the import file are listed on the left side of list. The labels of the fields in your Client Card settings are listed on the right.
- Map the column headers to the Client Card settings by opening the lists on the right side and selecting the correct mapping label:
* To map to a field, select the label of the field as it appears in your Client Card settings. For example:
* To populate the Time zone, Tags or Notes areas, select the appropriate option from the list.
* If you do not want to import data for a column header, select Ignore (or leave the Please select option unchanged).
- When you are finished mapping, click Next.
The total number of contacts found are displayed at the top of the page.
- By default, contacts who already appear on your Client list will NOT be imported. If you want to import existing contacts, select the Overwrite radio button. (If you choose this option, the current data on their Client cards will be overwritten.)
NOTE: Existing contacts are identified according to email address.
- Click Import All Contacts.
The import begins. You may continue to work on other tasks during the import process.
- When the process is complete, you will receive an import summary via email.
- Refresh the Clients page to view the imported contacts.