vCita and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Protecting your personal data and sensitive information is one of vCita's highest priorities. We have therefore made necessary preparations to meet the relevant requirements of the GDPR.
What is the GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the "GDPR") is a regulation designed to protect the personal data of all individuals within the EU. As such, the GDPR is a far-reaching reform in EU data protection laws and has a global impact on how companies use personal data. The GDPR applies to companies located within the EU or companies that hold personal data of individuals within the EU.
What have we done to meet the relevant requirements of the GDPR?
We have made necessary preparations to meet the relevant requirements of the GDPR, such as:
- Ensuring that we have adequate information security processes.
- Making sure that our employees have signed appropriate confidentiality commitments.
- Providing training to raise employee awareness about the new regulation.
- Appointing personnel to manage data protection issues and seek ongoing counsel.
- Engaging with our vendors under appropriate agreements.
- Adapting the contracts with our customers to include the necessary requirements, as provided below.
vCita Data Protection Addendum (DPA)
As part of our efforts to meet the relevant requirements of the GDPR, we are offering our customers a Data Processing Addendum (“DPA”) that reflects our commitment to protect your data according to the GDPR. To view this DPA, click the link at the end of this article. Should you require a signed copy of the DPA, please contact us.
For more information about the GDPR, please visit the official GDPR website of the European Union.