Getting Started with Payments by vcita
Payments by vcita is a fully integrated payment solution, that provides your clients the security and convenience they expect when paying your business. vcita's payment services are specially designed for service-based businesses like yours.
Payments by vcita offers better visibility and control of your clients' transactions, along with detailed payment reports available only to users of this service. At the same time, offering a seamless experience for you and your clients.
What are you getting when you use Payments by vcita:
- Fully integrated within the app for an optimal experience, making it your one-stop-shop for getting paid.
- With competitive flat rates and a straightforward payout process, you'll always know when and how much is going into your bank account.
- A quick & easy checkout experience for clients ensures they can quickly pay your business with all major credit cards from any device.
- A detailed transaction dashboard will help you track your processed payments online and their current status.
Connecting to Payments by vcita
Who can connect to Payments by vcita
Payments by vcita gateway currently support the following businesses only:
- US businesses (owners are based in the US)
- Users that are subscribed to a paid plan (Not in trial or free)
- Users whose business profession is in the eligible Merchant category codes list.
Important: Businesses that are not eligible for Payments by vcita will have the option to connect the product to third-party payment gateways operating in the business's origin country.Note: Your merchant category code is defined by the profession you've selected when first signing up for the product.
To validate your profession, click here.
How to connect to Payments by vcita
Before you start the connection process, you'll need to make sure you have the required information available, as you can't complete the connection without the following items:
- Legal Business Name as registered with the IRS and/or with the Secretary of State
- EIN and Legal Name Validation If the business is an LLC or Corporation or has applied for an EIN, refer to your SS4 form (CP 575) obtained from the IRS. If you are the Sole Proprietor of the business, your TIN will be your SSN number.
- Business Address This is the physical operating address for the business
- Business Owner/Principal Address This is the personal/residential address of the individual
- Annual Processing Volume
- Banking information OR a voided check
To connect to Payments by vcita, go to your Payments Settings Page and click on 'ACTIVATE NOW' under Accept online payments banner.
If you are already connected to a third-party gateway, you'll be able to change your gateway to Payments By vcita by clicking on the 'Connect' button.
Follow these steps:
- Open the payment onboarding wizard.
- First, you'll be required to answer a few questions to determine your eligibility for Payments by vcita.
- Based on your Merchant category code and business country, Payments by vcita will provide its native payment processing solution or a third-party payment gateway.
- Click the ‘Connect’ button to open the 'Merchant onboarding wizard.' Fill in all required information and complete the steps within the wizard.
- To finalize the connection, fill in your ‘Terms and Policies’ on your Business Info Settings Page.
- Wait for Payments by vcita approval to start collecting payments.
Ongoing usage of Payments by vcita
Your first Payments by vcita transaction will typically take around 5-7 days to show up in your bank account.
After the first payment is deposited in your account, you can expect payments to process as follows:
- Transactions finalized before 9 pm EST will be added to your bank account on the morning of the 2nd business day.
- Transactions processed after 9 pm EST will be added to your account on the 3rd business day.
Fees and pricing
- Transaction fees: 2.90% + $0.30
- Chargeback fee: $15
- Chargeback retrieval - $15
- Chargeback arbitration - $10
- Refund fee $0.05
- Payout fee $0.25 per cycle
In case of a chargeback, we will let you know all the details and give you an opportunity to dispute and challenge the claim by contacting the support team.
I don’t see the ‘Accept online payments’ banner and only see third-party payment gateways.
Payments by vcita is currently only available in the US for eligible types of businesses, according to this list. If you can't see Payments by vcita and your business is located in the US and your profession is on the list, go to your Business Info Settings and update your profession.
How do I write terms and policies?
If you do not have terms and policies, you may find examples online, or you can use any of the following links to copy and adapt one for your business.
- Terms and Condition
Website: Invoicing and Payment Terms.Example: (a) Payment of undisputed amounts shall be due thirty (30) days after the issuance date of the invoice. The invoice includes labor and all other necessary items for complete installation. Any refunds or modifications of the invoices will be addressed as the business and client need.