Pricing Options for Services
When you create a Service in vcita, there are a number of pricing options you can choose from, ranging from Free to Paid upfront.
Once you have configured a payment gateway, clients will be able to pay you with a credit card, debit card, or with their PayPal account.
You can choose to request a payment when the appointment is scheduled or you can create an invoice and collect the payment online prior to the appointment, at the office, or over the phone.
To set a fee on a service, please do the following:
- Go to Settings > My Services > [click on a service]
- Under Price & display at booking, select the Service fee option as defined below:
- Paid - Require to pay at booking: The service requires payment upfront in order to book the appointment.
- Paid - Suggest to pay at booking: This gives the client the option to pay upfront while booking. The service will still be booked if the client chooses to not pay at the time of booking.
- Paid - No online payment at booking: Displays the fee with no option to pay online during the booking process. Online payment can be done through the client portal later if enabled.
- Price varies - Display as "For a fee": "For a fee" will be listed on the service. This allows you to decide on the final price after the service has been scheduled.
- Free - Display as "Free: "Free" will be listed on the service and there will be no fee.
- Free - Don't display a fee: Nothing will be stated on the service and there will be no fee.
If a service is set to one of the "Paid" options, you can then also enter a price and set the currency (if applicable).