Zapier Recipe: Create Client from Jotform Submission
This recipe will show you how to create a new client through a Zapier connection. We will use Jotform as an example, but the process is similar for other zaps that involve creating a client. Jotform is a form-building solution that allows you to create and send forms, and embed custom forms on your website. By connecting with Zapier, you can ensure that every time a submission is made to your jotform, a client will also be created in vcita.
Important: Ensure that you have a few form submissions - or at least a test form submission before connecting. This is essential for the testing steps at Zapier.
- Make sure you are connected to Zapier.
- Create a new zap in Zapier.
- Connect Jotform to vcita
- Choose New submission as the trigger type and Create client as the action as shown below
- Click Try it
- In the Connect Jotform step, authorize Zapier to connect to Jotform, then select the form you want to connect.
- Connect vcita in the next step and authorize Zapier to connect to your vcita account.
- Set up action: Choose the fields you want to customize in vcita. You will be asked to map fields from Jotform into vcita. This is where you match the fields collected in Jotform to the fields in vcita where you want the information to appear. In the following screenshot, we are syncing over the address, email, name, etc from the contact form to a new client in vcita.
Tip: Add Zapier as the Source Name if you would like to track the source of the clients added in vcita. It will appear in the Source field on the client card (you can type in a different source name if desired). You can even add tags!
Tip: Try adding tags to the synced clients in vcita using the Tags field. This is especially helpful if you have multiple forms and would like to keep track of which clients come from where. You can use tags to target groups of clients for future marketing campaigns. Use commas to separate multiple tags.
- Continue to test your action. If the test is successful, you will then be able to turn it on. Check your vcita account to see if a client was created. From now on, every time a new submission is made to your form, a new client will be created in vcita.
Note: If your test was unsuccessful, please check to make sure that the data type of the field in jotform matches the data type of the field in vcita. Try reconnecting your Jotform and vcita accounts and make sure that the form fields are refreshed and current.
Tip: Need to deal with new and existing clients submitting multiple forms? Try out a smarter way to add clients through Zapier to add new clients and update existing client. (You will need Zapier premium to do this)
Please sign in to leave a comment.