vcita Xperts Operator Portal
The Operator Portal is the partner platform that you will use to add and manage client accounts. (This replaces the partner dashboard on some older partner accounts.) Note that your Operator Portal is separate from your personal vcita account. You will use a different log-in page to access your Operator Portal. See below.
Log in as an Operator
- Use the following link to access the Operator Login Page.
- Use your operator email address and password to log in. Note that this will be different from the email you use to log into your vcita account.
You will be taken to your operator dashboard:
Your Referral Link
Use your referral link to invite clients to create a new account. Only clients who use your link to sign up will be added to your operator portal for management and will count toward your commission.
The owner of the operator account is the only user with access to the referral link.
- Click your email in the top right-hand corner and select Account Settings from the dropdown.
- The Invitation Link is located in the Account Info tab under Invite Link.
All of your current client accounts are listed here and active accounts in the Client Accounts list are eligible for commission.
Use the headers to view, at a glance, how many active accounts, new accounts and inactive accounts you have in your dashboard, and filter and search accounts using the tools on the right hand side.
Add a New Client Account
- Click New Client Account near the top of the page.
- Select From Template if you have already created a template you would like to use, or you can create a new one from scratch.
- Fill in the business details on the next page and click Create Account to finish creating the account.
- The account will be in Setup status by default, while you set up the account for your client. You can switch this status at any time.
Log into a Client Account
You will need to log into a client account in order to make changes to and set up the account! Click on the account you would like to log into and click the Login As button in the top right-hand corner to log in. You will be acting on behalf of the account owner. (If you would like to log in as a specific staff member, you can do so from the Staff tab.)
When you are finished working on the account, click the x button in the sidebar next to the business name to return to your operator portal.
Managing Client Accounts
Click on any client to view account information and take action.
- You will find the client account's contact information, UID (used in API integrations), creation date and the subscription they are on.
- Tags: You can add tags to an account to categorize them more effectively.
- Notes: Add internal notes to keep track of important information across your entire team.
The Activity tab will help you judge whether an account has been successfully onboarded and is actively using the account.
- Under the Activity tab, you can view the last 3 months of your client account's activity, including the number of bookings they have set and payments that were accepted.
- Onboarding: The onboarding checklist will let you know how many of the onboarding steps in the onboarding wizard were completed. If instead of the checklist, you see the In Setup message:
- Then you can click Mark Setup as complete to restart the onboarding wizard for your client.
- Sites: The websites that the account's widgets have been added to will be listed here.
In the Subscription tab, you can see what subscription your client account is subscribed to and the number of staff members they can add. To get more staff slots, an upgrade is needed. Your client can update their package or billing information if necessary under Settings > My Account.
In the Staff tab, you will find all the Staff members who have been added to the account. All staff members have their own login information. To log in as a specific staff member, click on Login by their name.
The History tab is a log of operator activity on the client account. The History tab helps you understand what changes have been made by members of your team.
The Account tab is where you can control the client account and perform actions such as restricting access to the account and resetting the account password.
- Lock account: Click this toggle to lock the client account. The account owner (primary admin) and all staff members will no longer be able to log in. Keep in mind that operators cannot log into a locked account either.
- Enable send links: To protect our platform from abuse, all new accounts are barred from sending external links in announcements and other messages for a roughly 30-day screening period. Click this toggle to bypass the screening period.
- Secure: If you designate an account as secure, only operators that have a role with 'Secure' in the title will be allowed to perform actions on the account. This is helpful for accounts that must abide by HIPAA standards, for example.
- Nickname: The nickname you set here will be used as the back half of the client account's Business Page URL (accounts may not share a nickname).
- Operator assignments: Divide up the work among your team by assigning accounts to operators. You can assign multiple operators to an account.
- Set as Template: Enable this checkbox if you would like to set this account as a template. You can use a template to quickly create multiple new accounts with the same settings, for example, if you are adding multiple dentist's offices. Using templates saves time on setup.
- Reset Password: You can set a new password for primary admin of the account to help them recover their account. Keep in mind that this link can also be used to reset a password (you must be logged out to access the reset password form).
Operators are account managers who can log into, make changes to and manage the client accounts in your partner portal. Click on Operators to view all operators on the account.
Add and Remove Operators
You can have as many operators on your account as you would like. To add new operators, click the New Operator button and fill out the following details:
To remove an operator click on the ⋮ icon and click Block. The operator will no longer have access to the operator portal.
Log in as a different operator
Admins can log in as other Operators. In the Operator list, click on the ⋮ icon and select Login as. Use the login option to verify what that operator can see and access on the portal.
To return to your own account, click the operator name in the top right-hand corner and select Sign out as.