The Products List
A product in vcita is an item that you offer for sale which does not need to be booked in a time slot like a service does. Products may not be purchased online, however, you can easily add products to your invoices and estimates. You can add and manage products in your products list, and even add taxes to products. The taxes are automatically applied when the product is added to an invoice or estimate.
Add a Product
- In your vcita Dashboard, navigate to Settings > My Products.
- Click the blue + icon in the bottom right-hand corner to bring up the Add Product Dialog.
- Customize the following:
- Product name
- Description (limit 70 characters)
- Currency (if you accept payments in other currencies)
- Photo: Upload an image.
- Select the Display on product list checkbox option to allow this item to appear available for selection when you are adding items to your invoices and estimates. Unchecking the box will remove it from the item selector and is similar to archiving the product in case you no longer have that item in stock or don't offer it anymore.
- Click Save to save the product to your list.
Once you've created products in your products list, you can start selling products through vcita. Products can be added in the following places:
- Invoice/Estimate: Add a product to an invoice or estimate - ideal when you need to bill your client for multiple products and services at a time.
- Client: You can directly add a product to a client card and then bill (or charge) the client for it. This is great for a one-time purchase of a product.
- Package: Create a special offer! Sweeten the deal by adding a product to a package or bundle of services.
Products can be added to estimates and invoices. Click in the dropdown in the Items list to expand your full list of services and products, or start typing to narrow down the list. Select the product you wish to add and click Add to add the item to your invoice. Any applicable taxes will be applied at this time.
Navigate directly to the client card and click on the New button in the upper right corner. Select Product from the dropdown.
Select the product from the dropdown and adjust the price or add taxes if needed. You can click Add or Add and Take Payment if you would like to immediately take a payment for the product.
If you don't take a payment right away, you can always do it later.
While creating a package, activate the include products toggle switch and select products to add to your package.
Taxes in vcita are applied by line item - they can only be applied to items on estimates and invoices. For convenience, you can apply a tax to a product in the Products List so that it is automatically applied to the product in an estimate or invoice
To add a tax:
- Create a new product or edit an existing one.
- You will see 3 tax fields near the bottom of the popup. Click on the field to select a tax from the dropdown (this will contain your previously added taxes) or click Add New to create a new tax.
- If you do choose to add a tax, describe the tax and add a tax rate:
- Navigate to your Products list under Settings > My Products.
- Hover over the product you want to remove and click the icon which appears.
- Click Hide from List if you would simply like to remove it from the item selection dropdown or click Delete to delete the product.
I have 360 product lines i want to import, is this possible, otherwise it will take me forever.
Hi, Innovative Hygiene Supplies!
We do not currently have a way to import multiple products, but that is a great feature suggestion! I'll be happy to forward this to our product team.
- vcita Team
Please sign in to leave a comment.