Adding a Lunch Break to My Schedule
In most cases, the most efficient way to allot time for a lunch break (or any other type of regularly reocurring break in your workday) is to include it in your general availability.
- Navigate to Settings > Staff and edit your advanced staff settings (just Settings for non-admins).
- Switch to the My Schedule tab.
- Click the + icon by any workday to add a new availability slot if one doesn't exist yet or click edit to edit an existing one. Make sure the slot ends when your break begins. In this example, we are creating a lunch break from 12PM to 1PM, so the slot starts at the beginning of the workday (9AM) and ends at 12PM.
- Create another availability slot on the same day or edit the next slot. Make sure it begins at the end of the break. In this example, we are creating a lunch break from 12PM to 1PM, so the second slot starts at 1PM and ends at the end of the workday (5PM).
- Repeat for other workdays. Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page to save your settings. The vcita scheduler will now account for your break and ensure that no sessions are scheduled during that time (this includes appointments that would start before the break but run into your break)