Synced Events and Blocked Time
There are two types of busy time on your vcita calendar: synced events from your personal calendar and blocked time that you add in vcita. Both of these busy time options affect your availability and prevent clients from scheduling with you when you're busy!
After you have synced your personal calendar to vcita, you will start seeing synced events appearing on your vcita calendar. The synced events appear with a (Sync) label. Clients will never see the details of these (or any) events on your vcita calendar when they are scheduling.
Important: Synced events cannot be deleted from your vcita calendar. If you want to remove it, you must remove the event from the calendar you have synced (or mark the event in your personal calendar as Free instead of Busy). Please wait a few minutes for the sync to refresh.
To add blocked time:
- Start in your vcita calendar and go to your Calendar.
- Click anywhere in your calendar and select Blocked off Time from the dropdown.
- By default, a busy block is created on your calendar. It will be the same duration as one of your calendar intervals.
- You can click and drag on the block to make it longer or shorter.
- Or, for more options, click on the block to edit it.
- You can edit the start and end time.
- Give the block a Title.
- Give the block a Description.
- Change the staff member the blocked time is for.
To remove blocked time (vcita blocked time only):
- Click on the busy block in your calendar.
- Click Remove at the bottom of the popup.
Block Time on Multiple Calendars
If you have a multi-staff account, you can block time on multiple calendars at once.
- Start in your vcita Calendar.
- Click the Schedule New button in the top left hand corner.
- Select Blocked off Time from the dropdown.
- In the popup, select the desired staff members from the dropdown using the checkboxes.
- Customize the rest of the fields as normal.
Note: Once the block has been added to multiple calendars, they must be managed individually. If you would like to remove them for example, you should remove the block from each calendar you added it to.
Please sign in to leave a comment.