Manually Record a Payment
Even if you are not using vcita for online payments, you can still keep your records current and mark appointments as paid by manually recording payments on your account. Manually recording payments is especially useful if your clients pay through another channel such as cash or check.
Recording a New Payment
- Start in your vcita account and navigate to Payments > Invoices and Bookings.
- Click the New button in the top left and select Record Payment from the dropdown.
- In the popup, specify:
- The product or service which was paid for.
- The amount paid.
- The Payment method, such as Cash.
- The date the payment was made (it can be backdated).
- Check Send receipt to client to send your client a receipt acknowledging the purchase.
- You may also choose to simultaneously create an invoice for the payment record.
Record a Payment for an Invoice or Booking
You can also record a payment for any invoice or outstanding payment request.
- Find the invoice, either through the client card, related booking conversation, or under Payments > Invoices & Bookings and click on it.
- On the invoice page, click on Record Payment.
- In the popup, select the amount that was paid out of the total and the payment method used
- You may choose to send a receipt to the client by toggling the checkbox
- Hit Save.
The invoice will now be marked Paid.
Want to accept payments online through vcita? It's simple. Just set up your online payment options and connect a payment gateway.
Please sign in to leave a comment.