Manually Record a Payment
Even if you are not using the platform for online payments, you can still keep your records current and mark appointments as paid by manually recording payments on your account. Manually recording payments is especially useful if your clients pay through another channel such as cash or check.
Recording a New Payment
- Start in your account and navigate to Payments > Billing and Invoicing
- Click the New button in the top left and select Record Payment from the dropdown.
- In the popup, specify:
- The product or service which was paid for.
- The amount paid.
- The Payment method, such as Cash.
- The date the payment was made (it can be backdated).
4. Check Send receipt to client to send your client a receipt acknowledging the purchase.
5. You may also choose to simultaneously create an invoice for the payment record by checking the box to create an invoice.
Record a Payment for an Invoice or Booking
You can also record a payment for any invoice or outstanding payment request.
1. Find the invoice you want to take the payment on, either through the client card, related booking conversation, or under Payments > Billing & Invoicing, and click on it.
2. Click on the Take Payment button located on the invoice
3. In the pop-up, select Record payment (cash/check/other)
4. Enter the amount that was paid and the payment method used. You can also add a reference number or note for the payment.
4. You may choose to send a receipt to the client by checking the box.
5. Click Record