Collect Tips in vcita
The ability to request a tip can be added to your post-appointment follow-up message by adding a direct, payment link to the notification.
Create a Payment Link
To create a direct link to accept a payment, follow these steps:
- Go to: Online Presence > Client Portal.
- Click on the Create Direct Links button found in the middle of the page.
- The Create a Link page will appear.
- Select PAY as the action type.
- The Create a Link page will appear
- Add a description, such as "Tip" or "Tip for services" in the Pay for field.
- Click on Get Link
- Your generated link will appear.
- Click the icon to get a preview of what your clients will see when they click on that new link.
- Click on Grab Link to copy your new link to the clipboard.
Update and automate the post-appointment follow-up
To add your payment link to the auto-message:
To set it and forget it, we recommend activating the post-appointment follow-up.
- Open the Settings menu and click Auto Client Messages.
- On the right side of the page, click the Post-appointment Follow-up Quick Navigation link.
- In the Follow-up list, make sure that Automated follow-up is selected.
- Use the Time after appointment dropdown list to determine when the follow-up should be sent.
- Update the default message content to add the action to click to leave a tip. Example:
- Highlight the text that will be actionable.
- Click on the chain link to add the payment hyperlink.
- Paste the payment link into the Url field.
- Click OK
- At the top of the page, click Save.