'Pay what you want' Flexible Payment Services
Pay want you want (PWYW pricing) pricing allows your client to decide what to pay you for a service! In short bursts, this can be a great promotional offer to attract bookings for a new business, or an established business doing a trial run of a new service. PWYW pricing is also highly effective for charity events and non-profits. This tutorial will show you how to enable PWYW pricing through vcita.
Create a Flexible Payment Link
First, you need a link to collect flexible payments.
- Start in your vcita dashboard and navigate to Online Presence > Client Portal.
- Click the Create Direct Links button and select the Pay action.
- Enter the Payment title: for example, the name of the service or event.
- Leave the Amount field blank. This allows clients to select their own payment amount.
- Click Get Link to get your link.
- Proceed to Setting up a PWYW Service
Setting up a PWYW Service
- Start in your Services menu under Settings > My Services.
- Click on the PWYW service to edit the price settings.
- In the Price section, pick one of the Free options, or the Price Varies option. Using one of these options, clients won't have to pay to finalize their booking.
- Customize the Booking confirmation message to include your variable pricing link.
- (Optional) Customize the reminder and followup messages to include your variable pricing link, giving clients another chance to pay or a gentle nudge if they haven't done so already.
You will find all the payments you receive through the flexible payment link under Payments > Payments Received. They will all have the title you set while creating the link.