Adjust or Relax Your Booking and Cancellation Policies
Due to special circumstances, you may want to adjust or relax your booking and cancellation policies.
To adjust your booking options:
- Start in your vcita dashboard and navigate to Settings > Online Booking Options.
- Accept Appointments: Select a manual option if you would like to approve requests in order to finalize a booking.
- Advance Notification: This is the advance notice needed to set an appointment with you. For example, if set to 24 hours, a client will not be able to book a time slot within 24 hours of the time slot.
- Limit Future Bookings: This setting determines how far out clients can book with you. For example, if set to 4 weeks, clients will be able to book an appointment for the next month.
- In the Online Booking section of your Settings, scroll down to Cancellations and Reschedules.
- Adjust the following:
- Allow clients to reschedule appointments: Enable to allow rescheduling and select how close to the appointment that clients will be allowed to reschedule.
- Allow clients to cancel appointments or registrations: Enable to allow rescheduling and select how close to the appointment/event that clients will be allowed to cancel.
Booking Policy Text
Your booking policy appears before your client finishes booking an appointment. This is a great place to clarify your booking and cancellation policy and add other clarifications. You can set these policies either in general or customize it for each service. View this article for more information on how to set your booking policy text.