Add and remove staff members
The number of staff members you can add to your account is determined by your subscription. On Platinum 20, you can add additional staff members for an additional price.
Add a Staff Member
To add a staff member:
- In your vcita account, navigate to Settings > Staff.
- Click the New Staff Account button in the upper left.
- Fill out the staff details - the email address is what your staff member will use to log in.
Note: Email addresses cannot be reused or shared between multiple staff members. If you are unable to add a staff member with a certain email address, that email address may already be in use for another account. Contact support to free up the email address.
- Your staff member will receive a welcome email to log in and set a password for their new account.
Remove a Staff Member
You have two options for removing a staff member in vcita: set as inactive and delete.
Set as inactive:
- The staff will no longer be able to log in or take new appointments
- You have the opportunity to reinstate the staff member at any time (the staff member will be greyed out in the staff list).
- The staff member's settings will be retained.
- You can reassign their appointments in bulk (recommended) or leave them intact.
Tip: If you would like to manually reassign their appointments and clients to various members of your team, deactivating without reassigning may be a good option for you.
- The staff will no longer be able to log in or take new appointments.
- The staff member will be completely removed from your staff list.
- Settings are lost - if you re-add the staff member later, you will need to start from scratch
- You are required to reassign a staff members appointments and clients when deleting.
To remove a staff member:
- Start in your staff list.
- Hover over the staff member and click on the ⋮ icon which appears on hover.
- Click on the ⋮ icon again and select Set as Inactive from the dropdown. At this point, if you would rather delete the staff member, choose Delete.
- You will be prompted to reassign appointments and clients. Select the staff member you want to reassign to.
Note: This action may take a few minutes depending on the number of appointments and clients being reassigned. You should check the recipient staff member's schedule to make sure there are no conflicts with existing appointments.
- An inactive staff member will be greyed out and unable to access their account. A deleted staff member will no longer appear in your staff list. You can add a new staff member if needed.
Reactivate a staff member at any time. Just click the ⋮ icon > Enable.
Important: If you do not reassign the appointments before deactivating the staff member, the appointments will still be on the calendar. You can find them under Calendar > Appointments List View. Filter appointments by Staff and select the disabled staff member to quickly find appointments that need to be reassigned.