Add and remove staff members
Verify Available Number of Staff
First, you will need to verify the number of staff your subscription has.
You can do this by going to Settings>Staff
At the bottom of the page, you will see how many staff you have available. In the example below, only 1/10 staff are being used, so there are 9 more staff that can be added.
Add a Staff Member
To add a staff member:
- In your vcita account, navigate to Settings > Staff.
- Click the New Staff Account button in the upper left.
- Fill out the staff details - the email address is what your staff member will use to log in.
- Your staff member will receive a welcome email to log in and set a password for their new account.
Remove a Staff Member
You have two options for removing a staff member in vcita: set as inactive and delete.
Set as inactive:
- The staff will no longer be able to log in or take new appointments
- You have the opportunity to reinstate the staff member at any time (the staff member will be greyed out in the staff list).
- The staff member's settings will be retained.
- You can reassign their appointments in bulk (recommended) or leave them intact.
- The staff will no longer be able to log in or take new appointments.
- The staff member will be completely removed from your staff list.
- Settings are lost - if you re-add the staff member later, you will need to start from scratch
- You are required to reassign a staff members appointments and clients when deleting.
To remove a staff member:
- Start in your staff list.
- Hover over the staff member and click on the ⋮ icon which appears on hover.
- Click on the ⋮ icon again and select Set as Inactive from the dropdown. At this point, if you would rather delete the staff member, choose Delete.
- You will be prompted to reassign appointments and clients. Select the staff member you want to reassign to.
An inactive staff member will be greyed out and unable to access their account. A deleted staff member will no longer appear in your staff list. You can add a new staff member if needed.
Reactivate a staff member at any time. Just click the ⋮ icon > Enable.