Using your Calendar: Scheduling Appointments, Events, Busy Time & Promoting Bookings
In this article you’ll learn how to schedule 1-on-1 appointments and group events directly from your Calendar.
Once you create an appointment or event, learn how you can easily streamline your business by sending links and campaigns to share and promote your appointments and events.
For a complete calendar experience, you’ll also learn how toblock off busy time on your calendar (aka mark as busy). This easy feature allows you to quickly block off time-slots during which you are unable to accept bookings from clients.
Overview of appointments group events
1-on-1 appointments are for meetings between you and one client. Group Events are for events led by you with multiple clients, such as a class, a workshop, or webinar.
You can manage client participation for both 1-on-1 appointments, and group events. Here's how:
- For 1-on-1 appointments, you can decide whether you require client confirmation (by checking Request client confirmation), or finalize the appointment yourself on the spot.
- For group events, you can register clients yourself, or invite clients to register through your online scheduler or by sending them a direct link.
You can add a new appointment or event to your calendar in two ways:
1. From your Service Menu: Create an appointment / event for one of your existing services.
- This will automatically populate your appointment details with all the details you set for this service, like duration, location, price, staff member, etc.
2. By creating a Custom appointment / event: Create a custom appointment / event on the spot without drawing from your service menu.
- This will allow you to give a custom name to your appointment / event, and provide all the details from scratch.
Scheduling an appointment with a client
To create a new 1-on-1 appointment from your calendar, and send a confirmation or invitation to your client, follow these steps:
Step 1: From your Calendar, click Schedule New and select Appointment. Or, from a specific time-slot, right click and select Appointment.
Step 2: Select the relevant client from the list that opens.
Step 3: At the top of the New Appointment dialog, select a service from your service menu, or create a custom appointment.
Step 4: Depending on whether you chose from service or custom in Step 3, edit or fill out your appointment details, such as location, duration, staff, price, etc.
Step 5: Customize these additional appointment settings for a customized and advanced experience:
- Repeats: If you’d like to schedule a series of appointments with the client, check the Repeats box.
In the example below, four total meetings are scheduled, which take place every other week:
- Message to client: Use this area if you want to write a personal note to the client you’re meeting with.
- Request client confirmation: Check this box if you need your client’s confirmation to finalize the appointment.
- Details and Notifications: These settings include the email & SMS booking reminders and post-appointment follow-ups your client will receive for this appointment.
To change the settings for this specific appointment, click Edit.
Step 5: At the bottom of the New Appointment dialog, click Send.
Here’s what happens once you hit Send:
1. The appointment is saved to your calendar.
2. You and your clients both receive a booking confirmation, with all the appointment details.
Scheduling a group event
To create a new group event from your calendar, and open it to online registration or register clients yourself, follow these steps:
Step 1: From your Calendar, click Schedule New and select Group event. Or, from a specific time-slot, right click and select Event.
Step 2: At the top of the New Event dialog, select a service from your service menu, or create a custom event.
Step 3: Depending on whether you chose from service or custom in Step 2, edit or fill out your event details, such as location, duration, staff, price, etc.
Step 4: Customize these additional appointment settings for a customized and advanced experience:
- Repeats: If you’d like to schedule a series of events, check the Repeats box.
In the example below, 10 weekly events are scheduled.
Note: When you send clients an invitation to a repeating event, they are automatically enrolled in each session of the event. However when clients register themselves for an event, they will need to sign up for each session of the event separately.
- Invitation only event: Check this if you do not wish to make this event available to all via your online scheduler. If you select invitation only, only clients who receive a direct link from you can sign up for the event.
- Notifications: This settings includes the email & SMS event reminders & follow-ups your clients will receive for this event.
To change the settings for this specific event, click Edit.
Step 5: At the bottom of the New Event dialog, click Create.
Here’s what happens once you hit Create:
1. Your event is saved to your calendar, and you’ll receive an email confirmation.
2. If you’ve enabled online booking, clients can now sign up for your event online!
3. You can start registering clients for the event yourself.
4. You can send a direct link to clients to sign up for your event.
Learn more in the section below: Promoting bookings.
Blocking off busy time
You can mark any time as Busy Time, even within your working hours.
You might need to do this on the go, in case something comes up, you’re on vacation, or just need to make sure no one books appointments with you.
Just click anywhere on your calendar, or directly from your busy time slot and click Mark as Busy.
This will assure you are not available for appointments during that time.
Promoting bookings with direct links & announcements
You can promote bookings in two ways:
- You can send direct booking links to your clients via email
- You can send your clients a professionally designed email / SMS announcement.
1. Promoting bookings with direct links
Whether you’ve created a new service you want to promote, or just want to boost bookings for existing services or for a specific time frame, emailing clients a direct booking link is a great way to go.
Since you can send your booking link to as many clients as you like, including to entire lists of clients (using Tags), the link is a great way to get the word out and increase bookings fast.
You can send direct booking links for both appointments and events.
To send a direct booking link to any of your services in order to get clients to book an appointment or register for an event, simply go to Calendar > Schedule New and select Invite to schedule.
2. Promoting group events
Once you’ve created your new group event, you can either register clients yourself, or send your clients a direct invitation link allowing them to register themselves.
The registration and invitation link options are easily available from your Event page. The Event page opens up automatically after you’ve created the event, or anytime you click on your event from your Calendar.
To promote your event to more clients or to lists of clients using an action-driving announcement via Email or SMS, follow these easy steps:
Step 1: Click on the Promote this event button from your Event page.
Step 2: Follow the New Announcement dialog prompt.
Step 3: You’ll see your event announcement template in editing mode. From here, you can edit the text, add a compelling image, change the text coloring, etc.
Step 4: Click Done to save your changes.
Step 5: To send your new announcement to clients or to schedule delivery for a later time, click Send & choose your mode of delivery: Email / SMS.
Step 6: Select your recipients by tags, or select individual clients on the spot.