Adding and Defining Services
In this article, you’ll learn how to add and define your services for your future scheduling needs. Once you add and define a specific service, it becomes available to you anytime you want to schedule a new appointment or group event by directly drawing from your service menu.
There are two types of services:
- 1-on-1 appointment: A meeting between you and one client.
Group Event: An event led by you with multiple clients, such as a class, a workshop, or webinar.
Adding a 1-on-1 appointment
Step 1: Go to Settings > My Services. At the top of the page, click New Service and select 1 on 1 appointment.
Step 2: Fill out the appointment details and required fields, such as Service Name, Location, and Price for the service.
- Locations can be either Face To Face, Over The Phone, or Online.
You can set the Face To Face & Over the Phone service locations in advance, or allow clients to submit the locations themselves upon scheduling.
- Staff selection defaults to the Primary Admin.
If you have more than one staff member, multiple staff can be assigned to a service.
Step 3: Once all the fields have been filled out, click Create to add your new service, or click Advanced to create the service and open the Edit page to access additional settings for the service.
Adding a group event
Step 1: Go to Settings > My Services, click on New Service, and select Group Event.
Step 2: Fill out the event details and required fields. Group Event details are the same as 1-on-1 appointment details (above) with the exception of the Max attendees field. In this field, enter the maximum number of clients who can register for the event online. After this number is reached, your event will be automatically closed for registration.
Step 3: Once all the fields have been filled out, click Create to generate your new service, or click Advanced to create the service and open the Edit page to access additional settings for the service. For more info on Advanced fields, see the section Defining your Service.
Defining your service (advanced settings)
When creating a service, click Advanced to access further 1-1 appointment or group event details.
These are the details and settings you can customize for a service:
- Service Info: Includes service name, description, an image (with an image bank to select from), category, and whether the service displays on the Service Menu.
- Location: Your appointment or event can be Face to Face, Over the Phone or Online, with a dedicated location field for each option.
- Duration & Availability: You can add prep time to the service duration, customize service availability, edit date specific availability for the service, and set the booking intervals.
Note: Booking intervals controls the availability shown for this service. The default Booking Intervals add your service duration and prep time.
However, you can customize this feature so that the appointments display in round numbers: on the hour, half hour, and so on.
- Price: Select how the fee displays to clients, and whether payment is required at booking.
- Staff: Set the assigned staff member(s) and how the selection of staff members happens at booking if more than one staff member is assigned.
- Client Intake Form: Create a form for clients to fill out during booking. Every time a client books the service, they will be asked to fill out the form.
Once you complete all your edits, save your changes by clicking Done, at the top of the page.
You can go back and edit any of your services anytime from Settings > My Services. Just click on the service you want to edit.