vCita's Add Document feature enables you to attach files that are relevant to specific clients directly to their Client Cards. After attaching the files, information about each file is displayed in the Documents tab of the Client Card. Clicking a row opens the Details page for that document, where you can view more information and manage the file.
This article explains how to use the Add Document feature and describes the client experience when you share the files with them.
Adding Documents to Client Cards
Clicking Add Document lets you attach one or more files to the records of selected clients. When adding documents, you can choose to share the files with the clients or keep them internal. (Internal documents cannot be viewed or downloaded by clients.)
When adding documents, keep the following limitations in mind:
- You may not add audio or video files, executable files (.EXE), or any file type that is designed to be displayed in a web browser (e.g., HTML).
- The size of each file added must be 20 MB or less.
To add documents to Client Cards:
- From the Documents menu, click Add Document.
The Add Document dialog opens, with your client list displayed.
- Select the relevant client(s) from the list. You can search for clients by entering a name, email or tag in the Search field (the client list is filtered as you type). Clicking the + icon lets you add a new client to the list.
When you have finished selecting clients, click Continue.
- Select the documents to add. The instructions in this step show how to add files from the My Documents collection. To add other files, skip to Step 4.
a. Click From My Documents and then click Select your files to open the list.
b. Check the boxes of the files you want to add.
Information about your selections appears under Select your files.
c. Go to Step 5 to select a Share option.
- To add files that aren't in your My Documents set (or if you haven't created a My Documents collection), follow these steps:
a. Click Upload New. Then, add the document(s) you want to upload by dragging and dropping the file(s) into the specified area. Alternatively, you can click in the area and then navigate to and select the file(s).
b. If you want to add the selected document(s) to your My Documents collection, check the Also add to 'My Documents' checkbox.
c. If you have selected only one file, you may enter a title and description for the document. (If you selected multiple files, these lines are hidden.)
- At the bottom of the Add Document dialog, choose one of the following Share options:
* To make the files accessible to client(s), select the Available to client radio button. If you want to share the files immediately, select the checkbox. If you wish, you can type an additional message to be included in the email.
* To keep the files internal, select the For internal use only radio button. When you choose this option, the other settings are hidden.
- Click Add.
The files are added to the record(s) of the selected client(s).
Document Share: Client Experience
The email message received by clients will look similar to this example:
Clicking View Documents opens the client portal, with your Document Shared message displayed. Clients can download each document from this page by clicking the Download icon.
Clicking the Document Title link (either in the original email or in the client portal) opens another page of the portal from which clients can download the selected document.