Requesting Documents from Clients
vCita's Request a Document feature makes collecting the files you need from your clients a quick and easy process for both you and them. This article explains how to use the feature and describes the client experience.
Clicking Request a Document lets you send an email to selected clients, prompting them to share files with you. When requesting documents, keep the following limitations in mind:
- Clients will not be able to share audio or video files, executable files (.EXE), or any file type that is designed to be displayed in a web browser (e.g., HTML).
- The size of each file sent by clients must be 20 MB or less.
To request documents from clients:
- From the Documents menu, click Request a Document.
The Send an email invitation dialog opens, with your client list displayed.
- Select the client(s) who will receive the email. You can search for clients by entering a name, email or tag in the Search field (the client list is filtered as you type). Clicking the + icon lets you add a new client to the list.
When you have finished selecting clients, click Continue.
- From the dialog that opens, click Continue.
- Review the information in the dialog that opens. You can change the subject, message text and button text (the words on the call-to-action button in the message) as you wish.
- Click Save.
The email is sent to the selected client(s).
Document Request: Client Experience
The email message received by clients will look similar to this example:
Clicking the View Conversation link opens the client portal, with your Document Request message displayed:
Clicking the Share Document button (either in the original email or in the client portal) opens the Share Document page of the portal. This page allows clients to select one or more files and upload them to your vCita account.
When the files are uploaded, clients see a confirmation message.