How to Permanently Delete a Client
When you pull up a client card, there is a delete button found at the top. Clicking this button will delete the client, but the client is still recoverable at this point.
To permanently delete a client, you will first need to delete all conversations tied to that client.
Here are the steps to Permanently Delete a Client:
- From your vCita dashboard, click on Clients, found on the left side panel.
- Select the client you wish to delete from your client list.
- Click on the Conversations tab in the client card.
- Click on each conversation and select “Delete” at the top.
- Once all the conversations are deleted go to your Inbox and select Deleted from the Inbox folder options to view all deleted conversations.
- Select the box next to each conversation for the client you want deleted and click the “Delete Forever” button at the top.
- A warning pop-up will appear, alerting you that you are about to permanently delete the correspondence and any action tied to the conversation. Read the warning carefully, and select “Ok” if you would like to proceed.
- Once all conversations have been permanently deleted, go back to your client list one last time.
- Select your client to pull up their client card and click on the “Delete” button at the top.
- To confirm your client has been fully deleted enter their full name into the search box in the top right. Any missed conversations will appear in the results, and you will want to go through the process to delete these conversations forever.
Once you have confirmed all the conversations tied to your client have been deleted forever, your client is now fully removed from your client list, and is no longer recoverable. Any prior records tied to payments, appointments, and other correspondences are now completely removed from your vCita.