The editing tools provided on the Edit Announcement page allow you to easily design, change and test your Announcements. vCita's built-in text editor, image gallery and useful tips will help you quickly update and tweak Announcement settings to produce the most effective message for you. The editing procedures for Announcements created from a template and Announcements created manually are identical.
This article presents:
- Accessing the Announcement Editing Tools: Explains how to open the Edit Announcement page.
- Features of the Edit Announcement Page: Summarizes editing features and options.
- Working with the Announcement Editor: Provides detailed descriptions and instructions about how to create and design Announcement content.
Accessing the Announcement Editing Tools
To open the editing tools from the Announcements page, use one of the following methods:
- If the Announcement has not yet been sent, click the Edit button.
- If the Announcement has been delivered, click and then select Edit.
Features of the Edit Announcement Page
The sections of the Edit Announcement page are described in the table below the diagram.
|2||Announcement Editor||Allows you to set the content and design of the text, the image that is displayed, and more. For details, refer to Working with the Announcement Editor (below).|
|3||Tips||Displays helpful guidelines and best practices for designing and sending Announcements.|
Working with the Announcement Editor
This portion of the Edit Announcement page is where you edit the message text and design your Announcement's look and feel. The Editor provides separate editing tools for the following portions of the Announcement:
- Title: The heading for the message.
- Message text: The body of the message.
- Button label: The text, color and behavior of the call-to-action button.
- Image: The picture displayed below the message.
To open the editing tools for a portion of the Editor, hover over the portion until an editing icon appears (as shown in the example above), and then click.
* When you are finished working with the Announcement Editor, click Done to save your changes.
* Updating the name of an Announcement is not done using the Announcement Editor. To change an Announcement's name, open the Announcements page, click in the relevant row and select Announcement Settings.
Composing the Title and Message
When you select the Title or the Message Text area, a text editor appears that allows you to format the text's size, color, alignment and more. Type in your text and then use the editing options as necessary. To include your client's name in the title or the message, place the cursor at the point where you want the name to go. Then, click Add client field and select Client first name or Client full name.
The text editor for the message also allows you to create bulleted or numbered lists and to add hyperlinks. If you use these options, make sure your message is not too long. If your Call-to-Action is Schedule, we highly recommend adding a coupon to your Announcement (as shown in the example below). To include a coupon, click the Add coupon button at the top of the Edit Announcement page.
Note: Coupons are available for subscriptions of Business and higher. For more information about coupons, refer to Coupons and Discounts.
Clicking the Button Label area of the Announcement Editor opens the Edit Action dialog, where you can update the text, color and action of the button.
To change the words that appear on the button, enter the new text on the Button Text line. To update the color of the background or text of the button, either enter the RGB values on the appropriate line, or click the color circle and select a color from the color picker.
Clicking the Edit button (at the top of the Edit Action dialog) displays options that enable you to update settings for the call-to-action. If you want to change the action type completely, click Change Action (at the bottom of the dialog) and then select an action from the list that opens.
Important: After updating button settings, be sure to click Save, or your changes will be discarded.
Choosing an Image
Clicking the Image area of the Announcement Editor opens the Campaign Image dialog, where you can upload the image that appears at the bottom of your Announcement.
To use a professional image from the Gallery, simply select the desired image and then click Save. For your convenience, the images are organized according to category.
If you'd prefer to use your own image, select the Upload Your Own Image tab and follow the prompts.