When you click in the row of any active coupon on the Coupon Settings page, a dialog offering several methods for sharing your coupon is displayed.
This article describes the different options for promoting your coupon, and explains how you can apply the discount to a client's pending payment without the client actively redeeming the coupon.
Note: Coupons are available for subscriptions of Business and higher.
Promoting a Coupon
The Share Your Coupon dialog provides three methods of promoting the coupon.
- Sharing the coupon code: You can copy this code and paste it into any media of your choice, e.g., your Facebook page.
- Sending direct messages: Clicking this option opens a dialog where you select clients who will receive an email promotion. The coupon code is automatically included in the email message.
- Sending an Announcement: Clicking Create a campaign opens a pre-designed Announcement that includes the coupon code.
For more information about designing Announcements, refer to Editing Announcement Settings.
Applying a Coupon to Pending Payments
Sometimes you may want to offer clients a discount without them having to actively redeem coupons. You can do this by applying a coupon towards the relevant payment, from your vCita account.
To apply a coupon to a pending payment:
- After logging into your vCita account, open the Payments menu and select Invoices & Bookings.
- Click on the relevant pending payment. On the page that opens, scroll down to the Pending section to view payment actions.
- Click and select Apply Coupon.
The Apply Coupon dialog opens.
- Open the list and select the coupon you want to apply. Then, click Save.
After the coupon is applied, the Pending section displays the adjusted amount due.