Once you have designed your Announcement, you can send it to clients at any time. Clicking the Send button opens a wizard that guides you step-by-step through the delivery process.
The delivery process has three stages:
- Choosing the delivery channel: Email or SMS
- Selecting the recipients: Choose from a list of clients, or select recipients according to tags
- Selecting the delivery time: Send the Announcement immediately, or schedule it to be sent later
Note: Business subscribers (and higher) have unlimited deliveries. Other subscribers can send up to three deliveries.
Choosing Delivery Channel
When the delivery wizard opens, the Email channel is selected by default.
To continue with email delivery, enter an appropriate and effective subject on the Email subject line. The subject can contain up to 78 characters. Then, review the other options:
- Avoid re-sending to clients: This checkbox appears only if the Announcement has been sent previously. If you want to deliver to the same clients again, clear the checkbox.
- Opted-in clients: If your Client Card Settings are configured to allow promotions only to opted-in clients, a non-editable reminder message is displayed (as shown in the example above).
If your Client Card Settings are not configured to restrict promotions to opted-in clients only, a message appears to remind you to consider the consent issue before sending the Announcement.
If you would rather send your Announcement via SMS, click the Text Message (SMS) button, and enter an appropriate and effective title in the box below the button. The title can contain up to 160 characters.
By default, Announcements are not sent to clients whose phones are unable to receive messages. If you want the Announcement to be sent to these clients by email instead, select the Send via email radio button.
After reviewing the settings in the Send dialog, click Continue and select the clients who will receive the Announcement.
Selecting Announcement Recipients
The Select Announcement Recipients dialog provides the following options for choosing recipients:
- By clients: Displays a list of individual clients. Selecting a client adds that client to the list of recipients.
- By tags: Displays a list of all defined tags. Selecting a tag adds all clients who are assigned that tag to the list of recipients.
Clicking the + icon in the upper right corner of the dialog opens the New Client dialog, where you can manually add a client. Clients you add are automatically put on the list of recipients.
If your Client Card Settings are not configured to restrict promotions to opted-in clients only, a Not opted-in message appears for clients who have not given consent to receive promotions.
Both the By clients and By tags options have a search feature that lets you filter the list according to a keyword. The list of clients or tags is filtered as you type. For example:
To build your recipients list, click the relevant clients or tags. The selected clients/tags are displayed at the top of the dialog, and a checkmark appears next to them in the list.
To remove a selected client or tag, click it again, or click its X icon at the top of the dialog.
When you are finished building the list of recipients, click Continue and select delivery timing settings.
Reviewing Settings and Selecting Delivery Time
The last screen of the delivery wizard is the All Set dialog. The Summary shows the number of clients who will receive the Announcement. In the event that some of the messages are undeliverable, the number of failures and the reasons for the failure are displayed.
The Choose time setting at the top of the dialog allows you to specify the delivery time. The options are:
- Send now: Delivers the Announcement as soon as you click the Send Now button.
- Schedule for later: Enables you to specify a future date and time for sending the Announcement. Clicking the Calendar icon opens a date picker (as shown below), and clicking the Clock icon opens a dropdown list from which you can select a time. After choosing the date and time, click Schedule Now.
Announcements that are scheduled for future delivery are listed in the Scheduled Deliveries tab of the Announcements menu.