Editing Automated Campaign Settings
vcita's automated campaigns are designed to require minimal maintenance. Once you configure the settings for the first time, the campaign will constantly deliver messages in the background based on the campaign trigger. Each type of campaign already has a trigger, but you can tweak it to your needs.
The Automated Campaign Editor
To open the campaign editor:
- Start in your vcita dashboard and navigate to Marketing > Automated Campaigns.
- Next to the campaign you want to edit, click the Edit button.
You will find the automated campaign settings on the right-hand side of the page. These settings are divided into the following categories:
- Timing settings: When the message gets sent.
- Recipient settings: Who gets the message.
- Delivery method: How the message is sent (email or SMS).
Click the pencil icon to edit any of the settings, and remember to click Done in the top left to save and apply any changes.
Trigger and Timing Settings
- Trigger: Depending on the type of automated campaign, your settings will look different. In this case, we choose to send the campaign only to clients who have given us a 4 or 5-star rating.
- Timing: Automated campaigns send all scheduled messages for the day at one time. You get to decide what time to send out the messages.
By default, Automated Campaigns are sent to all clients who match the campaign trigger (e.g., all clients with a known birthday, all inactive clients, etc.). Recipient settings enable you to further control who gets the campaign by filtering the list of recipients according to client status and/or tags.
Filtering by client status can be useful, for example, when you want to give a larger discount to VIP clients. To filter by client status, select the checkbox. Then, click to open the list, and select the desired status. You may select more than one status.
- Email: The campaign will be sent via email. Set an email subject.
- Text Message: The campaign will be sent via SMS. You will be prompted to set the SMS message (160 characters or less). When selecting this channel, you also have the option to send the campaign message via email if the client does not have a phone number on file.