Adding Clients to Your CRM
vcita will automatically add client cards in your account as clients interact with you through vcita. This article will cover manually adding clients and deleting unwanted clients.
Adding a new Client
- Open the Clients menu. At the top of the page, click New Client. (keep in mind that your Clients section may be named something different depending on the work terminology you select under Settings > Business Info. For info on work terms, see below)
- Enter the client's contact information and client information. Contact information contains the email address, phone number and other contact details. The client information contains details about the actual individual or item that you will be working on. A contact can also be the client! In that case, simply leave the second client name field blank and proceed to fill out details.
- Click Show more to show collapsed fields such as the Time zone.
- If relevant, click the Add Tags line and select one or more tags for the new client. (For more details about tags and their use, refer to Adding Tags to Organize Your Client List.)
- Private notes: Add an internal note to the client.
- Check the Send client a link box (under Show More) to send the client an email with an invitation to view your Client Portal. To view and update the text of the message, click Edit email message.
- Click Save.
A Client Card for the new client is created:
Contact info is found in the right-hand pane and client info is found on the left-hand side.
All the items (students in this case) will be listed below the contact information:
Add an Individual or Item to an existing contact
- Click New Client in the Clients section or under Quick Actions.
- Fill out the email address of the contact you would like to add the new sub-client or work item under. In the previous example, I would enter the email address of the parent if I wanted to add a second student under the parent.
- Select the contact in the dropdown. The contact details will auto-populate. Continue by filling in the client details of the new sub-client or work item.
To delete clients, just go to Clients and use the search and filter options to find the client. Click on the client to open the client card and click the Delete button in the upper left-hand corner.