vCita's Facebook Pages integration lets you add a Call-to-Action button to your business page, enabling prospects and clients to schedule, book, or take other action directly from Facebook.
This article shows how to create a Call-to-Action button on your Facebook page and explains how to manage buttons that you've added.
Adding a Button to Your Facebook Pages
You can add a button to your Facebook page directly from your vCita account, in a simple, step-by-step process. The button can link to ONE of the following actions:
- Visit Client Portal: Opens the landing page of your vCita Client Portal.
- Schedule: Opens the Schedule Now page.
- Pay: Opens the Make a Payment page.
- Share document: Opens the Share a Document page, where clients can share files with you.
- Contact: Opens the Leave Details page, where clients can send you their contact details and other information.
Since Facebook allows only one button to be added to each page, it is important to consider in advance which Call-to-Action type will most benefit your business.
To add a button to your Facebook page:
- Open the Online Presence menu, and select Facebook Pages. Then, at the right side of the page, click CONNECT.
You will be prompted to log into your Facebook account.
- Log into Facebook.
After logging in, the Facebook pages menu displays a list of your pages and their buttons (if relevant). In the following example, the first page has a Book Now (schedule) button with an External Link (indicating that the button was configured outside of vCita). The second page has no button.
- Click Add a button to page (or click the Add icon).
The Create a Facebook button wizard opens.
- From the wizard, select a Call-to-Action type. If you select the Pay, Schedule or Contact option, you will be prompted to choose additional action-specific settings. For more information and examples, refer to Selecting Call-to-Action Settings.
After making your selection(s), click Continue.
- On the second page of the wizard, select the label for your button. The page displays all the labels that are allowed by Facebook. If no label exactly corresponds to your Call-to-Action, choose the option that matches best. For example, if your Call-to-Action is Pay, select Shop Now.
- After making your selection, click Add A Button To Page.
A confirmation message is displayed.
The new button and its corresponding vCita action appear in the list on your Facebook Pages menu. For example:
Working with Your Facebook Page Buttons
The management icons on the right side of the Facebook Pages menu allow you to perform various actions related to the buttons. Clicking opens an options menu from which you select the relevant action.
The actions are:
- Edit: Opens the Create a Facebook button wizard so you can update button settings. Use the Edit option to change the Call-to-Action type, change the button's label, and so on. You can open the wizard directly by clicking .
- Preview Action: Displays the page that is shown to clients when they click the button. For example, if you preview the action for a Shop Now button, your Make a Payment page will be displayed.
- View Facebook Page: Opens the Facebook page on which the button appears.
- Remove: Deletes the button from the Facebook page.
Disabling Facebook Integration
If for any reason you want to disable the integration between your vCita account and your Facebook pages, open the Facebook Pages menu and click Disconnect.
The label of the button will change to Connect, and integration will be inactivated. While Facebook integration is disabled, the buttons you have already configured through vCita will continue to appear and function as usual on Facebook. You may continue to manage the buttons directly from your Facebook pages.
To reactivate the integration, simply click Connect. The Facebook Pages menu will be automatically updated with any changes that you have made directly in Facebook.