Reserve with Google: Guidelines and Limitations
When you integrate your vCita account with Reserve with Google (RwG), clients will be able to view your list of services and book appointments directly from Google Search or Google Maps.
Although this service can help promote your business and it is very convenient for clients, it currently involves a number of limitations as RwG completes its full features list. This article presents some essential issues to consider as you opt-in to RwG.
Business Considerations and Limitations
The following sections list business requirements and issues related to account setup and payments.
- You must have a Google My Business account.
- RwG supports opt-in through one scheduling provider only. If you have previously opted in via another provider, you need to opt out through that provider before you will be able to opt-in via vCita.
Business Location and Type
- At the moment, opt-in is available only for businesses located in the United States, Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, and United Kingdom.
- Google currently does not allow opt-in for all business types. After you opt in, your request will be reviewed by Google for validation.
- RwG currently does not support payment gateways.
- Since payment via RwG is not supported, services for which advanced payment is required will not be displayed on your RwG Services List.
For more information about service limitations, refer to the sections below.
Service Considerations and Limitations
The following sections describe requirements and issues related to how your services are set up. Not all service settings and fields are supported by RwG.
Service Location Requirements
For clients to be able to book a service through RwG, the service needs to be provided at the location of your business. Make sure that your location settings are set up as shown in the example below, and verify that the address matches the address that appears in your Google My Business account.
Online Booking Requirements
For a service to be supported by RwG, you need to enable online scheduling and automatically accept appointments that clients book online. Make sure that your Booking Options settings are set up as shown here.
Pricing Requirements and Limitations
- For a service to be supported by RwG, it must have a fixed price. Free services and sliding scale services are considered invalid.
- Since payment gateways are not currently integrated with RwG, services for which you require advanced payment are not supported.
For best results, it is recommended to select the Paid - Display fee only pricing option.
Intake Form Limitations
Due to limitations of RwG related to Contact Form matching, custom fields that you add to your Intake Forms and Client Cards will not be displayed to clients booking in Google. In addition, RwG does not support the Opt-in for campaigns checkbox.
The figure below shows some examples of fields that are NOT currently supported by RwG.