When you integrate your vCita account with Reserve with Google (RwG), clients will be able to view your list of services and book appointments directly from Google Search or Google Maps.
This article shows how to opt into RwG and explains several aspects of the integration that are important for you to know:
Before you begin the opt-in process, verify that:
- You have a Google My Business account.
- You are not opted in with any other scheduling provider. (RwG supports opt-in through one provider only.)
As RwG currently has several limitations related to service requirements, you may want to review your service settings before opting in. For more information, refer to RwG: Guidelines and Limitations.
Opting In to Reserve with Google
You can activate integration with RwG directly from your vCita account. Here's how to do it:
To opt-in to RwG:
- Open the Online Presence menu, and select Reserve with Google. Then, at the right side of the page, click OPT IN.
The Reserve with Google form opens, automatically populated with your Business Info details.
- Review the information on the left side of the form. Make sure the details are accurate and that they match the details you provided for your Google My Business account.
- At the lower right corner of the form, click Next.
A progress bar is displayed while the integration is being completed.
- When integration is completed, click Done.
Your Services list is displayed in the lower portion of the Reserve with Google page.
- Review the Services list and check for services that are not supported by RwG. Hovering over an Invalid Service icon opens a tooltip that explains why the service is invalid. If you want, you may click on the service and update its settings.
Following Up on Account Integration
After opting in, your opt-in request will be reviewed by Google. The review and approval process can take several days.
Following the review, you will not receive notification of whether your request was approved or not. To verify your integration status, it is recommended to visit your Google My Business page and check for a Book button. For example:
Once your vCita account is integrated with RwG, all changes related to booking (e.g., cancellations, reschedules, etc.) are updated in both environments in real time. However, keep in mind that changes you make to Service settings may take up to 24 hours to be updated on your Google My Business page.