vCita supports bulk import of clients from the following sources:
- Google contacts: This option allows you to import all contacts from any of your Google accounts. For details, refer to Importing Clients from Google Contacts (below).
- CSV or Excel file: This option supports the option of importing data for additional or customized fields. For more information, refer to Importing Contacts From a CSV / Excel File.
Both options let you specify whether contact data should be overwritten in the event that imported contacts already appear on your Client list.
Importing Clients from Google Contacts
When you import from your Google Contacts list, the following data is imported for each client:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Phone number
To import clients from Google Contacts:
- At the top of the Clients page, click Import.
The Import Clients window opens.
- Click Google Contacts.
You may be prompted to select an account and allow access to your contacts. After you permit access, the total number of contacts found are displayed at the top of the page.
- By default, contacts who already appear on your Client list will NOT be imported. If you want to import existing contacts, select the Overwrite radio button. (If you choose this option, the current data on their Client cards will be overwritten.)
NOTE: Existing contacts are identified according to email address.
- Click Import All Contacts.
The import begins. You may continue to work on other tasks during the import process.
- When the process is complete, you will receive an import summary via email.
Note: Previously existing clients who were skipped are listed as Weren't imported.
- Refresh the Clients page to view the imported contacts.