Setting Your Online Booking Options
Online booking with vCita lets clients schedule with your business directly from your website, your client portal, emails, or social media pages! To make sure that online booking is convenient for you, as well as for your clients, vCita's online booking options let you control scheduling settings, booking policies, the text displayed on the booking page, and more.
Accessing and Enabling Online Booking
Start in your vcita account and navigate to Settings > Online Booking Options.
Booking Options and Booking Limits
The Booking options & limits section has settings to help you maintain order in your calendar by providing options that avoid last-minute bookings, give you control over how you accept appointments, and more.
- Accept appointments: If you choose one of the Manual options, you will need to manually accept the appointment in your vCita. Once accepted, a confirmation email is sent to the client. When you select the Automatic option, appointments booked online for an available time slot will be entered in your calendar and confirmed automatically.
Note: The 3 time slot option is not supported on mobile devices.
- Advance notification: Lets you set the period of time that must elapse between time of booking and time of the appointment. Options vary from 15 minutes to 6 weeks.
- Limit future bookings: Lets you control how far ahead of time clients may book an appointment. Options vary from one day in advance to one year in advance. When Not set is selected, there is no limit on how far ahead clients may book.
The Booking policies options allow you to set rules and policies for rescheduling and canceling appointments. You may also compose a message text that will be displayed to your clients immediately before they book an appointment online.
- Cancellations and Reschedules: Lets you set the period of time that must elapse between rescheduling or cancelling an appointment and the time of the original appointment. Options vary from Always (no limit) to 4 weeks.
After the set time limit is reached, clients will not be able to reschedule or cancel the appointment online.
- Booking Policy Text: This is the place to describe your policy in regards to cancellations, reschedules, arriving late and so on. You may also use it for instructions, terms or any other notes for your clients. The booking policy text will be displayed to clients right before submitting their appointment request, as well as on the appointment screen on the client portal.
- Terms of service: Select the checkbox if you want clients to accept your own Terms of Service before they book an appointment. When you choose this option, you will be prompted to enter the URL pointing to your Terms of Service.
Online Scheduler Display Options
The Display options settings let you customize the display and flow of your online scheduler - the tool that your clients will be using to book with you.
- Display of Service categories: If you use categories to organize your services, those categories can be expanded or collapsed by default.
- Display or promote Packages: If you have any packages available for purchase, you can determine how they will appear on your online scheduler.
- Scheduling order: Choose whether clients first select a service and then the preferred staff member, or vice versa. If you would prefer not to allow the client to choose a staff member, you can enable that option per service in Settings > My Services.
- Display time-slots: Time slots can be divided up into morning, afternoon and evening slots, or show all at once.
- Service menu title: Enter a line of text to be displayed above your Service Menu (See below).