You can customize your Client Card Settings to include specific information that you would like to collect from clients to help you give them better service. For example, you can ask clients to provide the name of their health insurance company, or ask them to choose the type of music that they prefer.
This article will walk you through a couple of common scenarios for adding customized fields:
- Adding a Customized Field Type: Shows you how to create additional fields in your Client Card Settings.
- Requesting Information for Specific Services: Explains how to configure your settings so you can collect updated information in the Client Card with every scheduled appointment.
Adding a Customized Field Type
vCita allows you to add an unlimited number of customized Client Card fields, so you can collect all the information you need to give your clients the best service. Customized field types include checkboxes, free text fields, drop down lists, and more.
The following example shows how to add a Drop Down List field type. The procedure for adding other types of fields is similar.
To add a customized Drop Down List field type:
- Access the Client Card Settings page.
- At the bottom of the page, open the Add Field list and select Drop Down List. Then, click Add.
A new Drop Down type field is added to the Client Card Settings page, with a default label, values and settings.
- Change the default label to an appropriate one, and then enter choices in the Values field. Press <Enter> after typing each value. For example:
- If relevant, check one or more of the Request from clients online options. Once you select one, the Required Field and Keep asking until completed options will become enabled.
For more information about these components, refer to Understanding Client Card Fields.
- At the bottom of the Client Card Settings page, click Save Changes.
A confirmation message appears, and the new field is saved in the Client Card.
Sometimes the information that you need from clients is linked to one or more specific services that you provide. For example, if clients are booking massages, you may want to find out ahead of time what music and scents they prefer. However, it might not make sense to ask them about these preferences when they are reserving spots in a stress-reduction workshop.
If you want to collect information that will be updated in the Client Card with every scheduled appointment for a service, you need to add a Client Card field and edit the relevant service settings. The following procedure, which is based on the example above showing how to add a Dropdown field, explains how to do it.
To request information for specific services:
- Add the required Client Card field, and be sure to leave the checkboxes under the Request from clients online unchecked. (For details about adding the field, see the procedure in the section above.) This means you will be creating a Client Card field that will not display to your client.
- Open the Settings page and click My Services. On the My Service Settings page, scroll to the relevant service and click it to open the Edit Service page.
- On the right side of the page, click Client intake form. Then, click Add/Edit > Add Field.
- From the options list that opens, click Drop down field.
The Field Options dialog opens.
- In the Field Options dialog, enter the label text, and then type the choices on the Drop down choices line. Press <Enter> after typing each choice.
Make sure that the label and the choices are identical to the ones you created in the Client Card field.
- At the lower right corner of the Field Options dialog, click Save.
The dialog closes and the settings are saved.
When a new client books an appointment for the service, the added field will appear together with the rest of the contact information fields:
When existing clients book the service, the system recognizes them as soon as they enter their email address. Previously provided contact information fields are then hidden, and a Welcome Back message is displayed.