Customize the Intake Form for a Service
Occasionally, information that you want to collect from clients is specifically related to one or more services that you provide. For example, if clients are booking massages, you may want to find out ahead of time what music and scents they prefer. However, you probably don't need to ask them about these preferences when they reserve spots in a stress-reduction workshop.
To collect information that is updated with every scheduled booking for a service, you need to create an appropriate client field and edit the settings of the relevant service. The following procedure shows an example of how to do this. Our example uses a drop down list field type, but the process is the same for any type of field.
To collect information for a specific service:
- Create the required client field. Do not add the field to any of the client intake forms. (You will be creating a field that does not display to clients.)
- Open the Settings menu and select My Services. On the page that opens, scroll to the relevant service and click it.
- On the right side of the page that opens, click Client intake form. Then, click Add/Edit > Add field.
- From the options list that opens, click Drop down field.
The Field Options dialog opens.
- In the Field Options dialog, enter the label text, and then type the choices on the Drop down choices line. Press <Enter> after typing each choice.
Make sure that the label and the choices are identical to the ones in the client field.
- Click Save.
The dialog closes, and the settings are saved.
When clients book the service, the added field will appear together with the rest of the Contact Info fields. For example: