vCita lets you easily incorporate the following valuable components into your estimates and invoices:
- Notes: A general message to clients. For your convenience, once you write a message in the Notes section, the message text is automatically displayed in every estimate or invoice you create from that point on. However, if your message isn't relevant to a specific situation or client, you can remove it or change the text while working on that particular form.
- Terms: Official Terms and Conditions statements or legal clauses. This component is created in your Payment Settings (see the procedure below), and once defined, it's automatically displayed in every estimate or invoice you create from that point on. Unlike Notes, you cannot modify Terms and Conditions on-the-fly while working on a form. (Any changes need to be done from the Payment Settings page, as explained below.)
If you haven't yet defined Terms and Conditions in your settings, the Terms & Notes portion of the Estimate/Invoice Builder has a single section, in which you can write a note to the client. For example:
Once you have set Terms and Conditions, the Terms & Notes portion is divided into two sections: one for a note, and the other for terms. Here's how this looks in a sample estimate:
Follow this procedure to set Terms and Conditions in your settings.
To set Terms and Conditions:
- From the vCita console, open the Settings menu and click Payments.
The Payments page opens.
- Scroll down to the sections for Estimates and Invoices, and paste your Terms and Conditions text in the relevant section(s). You can customize Terms and Conditions for each section, or have Terms and Conditions for only one of the sections, according to your business requirements.
- Specify the default due date for your invoices:
By default, payment is due 30 days after the invoice is issued. To change this setting, click in the field and enter the relevant number of days, or use the arrows to adjust the displayed number. If you prefer to be paid immediately, select the Due on receipt radio button.
- At the top of the page, click Save.
A confirmation message is displayed, and your terms and conditions are set.
Still have questions? Contact us.