Setting Terms and Conditions for Estimates and Invoices
Setting terms and conditions for your estimates and invoices will help clarify the payment process for your clients. This article will show you how to set up invoice/estimate terms and conditions in vcita.
Default Terms and Conditions
To set your default Terms and Conditions:
- From your vcita dashboard, navigate to Settings > Payments.
Switch to the Invoices & Estimates tab.
- Set up the following:
- Billing address.
- Payment due date: After the specified time has passed, the invoice will be marked as overdue.
- Terms and Conditions: The terms and conditions for payment of invoices. Scroll down to set the terms and conditions for estimates.
- Partial Payments: Enable partial payments if you would like your clients to be able to pay invoices in installments. You can specify the minimum percentage to be paid per installment.
- Click Save at the top of the page to save your changes.
Apart from the default terms and conditions in your invoice settings, you can add custom notes per invoice. You will find the Notes field when you create a new invoice.
Once you have set Terms and Conditions, the Terms & Notes portion is divided into two sections: one for a note, and the other for terms. Here's how this looks in a sample estimate: