Invoices and Estimates Settings, Terms and Conditions
Set up default settings and terms and conditions for your invoices. Invoice settings determine what client fields show up on the invoice and online payment options. Terms and conditions clarify the payment process to your clients and determine when invoices and estimates are considered overdue/expired. Based on these terms, you can then send automated reminders and messages.
To get started,
- From your vcita dashboard, navigate to Settings > Payments.
- Switch to the Invoices & Estimates tab.
- Billing address and Business info: Customize the address which appears on estimates and invoices.
Customize Invoice Client Fields
Select the client fields that should show up on the invoice. Click Add to add new fields.
- Bill to information: The contact information like name, company name and phone number that appears on the invoice.
- Client information (may vary based on your account settings): The client information like date of birth that appears on the invoice
Note: The bill to and client information settings pull from the fields you set up in your client card. If you don't see the fields you want, edit the client card settings and add them.
Important: If you issue an invoice or an estimate for a nested client, you will see the information of both the contact and the nested client on the invoice based on the fields you choose to show.
Invoice Terms and Conditions
- Payment due date: After the specified time has passed since the issuing date, the invoice will be marked as overdue.
- Terms and Conditions: The terms and conditions for payment of invoices. Scroll down to set the terms and conditions for estimates.
- Enable partial payments if you would like your clients to be able to pay invoices in installments. You can specify the minimum percentage to be paid per installment.
Tip: Most of the defaults can be adjusted on a case-by-case business when you create the invoice, for example, you can toggle partial payments on or off per invoice. Try to capture your most common case in the defaults. Each invoice can also have customized notes for further clarification.
Please sign in to leave a comment.