Setting Terms and Conditions for Estimates and Invoices
Terms and conditions clarify the payment process to your clients and determine when invoices and estimates are considered overdue/expired. Based on these terms, you can then send automated reminders and messages.
Default Terms and Conditions
- From your vcita dashboard, navigate to Settings > Payments.
- Switch to the Invoices & Estimates tab.
- Define the following:
- Billing address: The address which appears on estimates and invoices.
- Payment due date: After the specified time has passed, the invoice will be marked as overdue.
- Terms and Conditions: The terms and conditions for payment of invoices. Scroll down to set the terms and conditions for estimates.
- Partial Payments: Enable partial payments if you would like your clients to be able to pay invoices in installments. You can specify the minimum percentage to be paid per installment.
- Click Save at the top of the page to save your changes.
Tip: Most of the defaults can be adjusted on a case by case business when you create the invoice, for example, you can toggle partial payments on or off per invoice. Try to capture your most common case in the defaults. Each invoice can also have customized notes for further clarification.