Connect vcita to Other Apps Using Zapier
Most business owners use multiple tools and programs to keep all processes running smoothly. Zapier integration easily connects your vcita account with your favorite applications such as MailChimp, Salesforce, Google Sheets and hundreds more, so you can automate your most time-consuming business workflows. For example, when a vcita/Mailchimp connection is set up in Zapier, you won't need to manually import and export data to add a new vcita client to your Mailchimp mailing list. It will all be done automatically, behind the scenes.
Here are some more examples of how Zapier integration can work for you:
- Engage your complete client base with vcita: Sync your vcita contacts list with other tools you use, such as Google contacts, phone contacts, the Contact Form on your website, and more.
- Run your business smoothly with your favorite CRM: Connect vcita contacts, appointments and payments with CRM software (Salesforce, HubSpot, etc.) to manage and analyze customer interactions and data throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Keep your books in sync: Sync your vcita account with your preferred accounting system (Quickbooks, Stripe, FreshBooks, etc.) to ensure that all payments are automatically recorded and documented properly.
Read the sections below to find out how Zapier integration works and how to create a connection (Zap) between vcita and a third-party app.
You can connect your account to Zapier by visiting the App Market in vcita and clicking on Zapier if this is an option available in your plan.
How Does Zapier Integration Work?
A zap is a workflow that connects two or more apps and automates tasks. A zap has a trigger and an action. When the trigger is met, the action is completed.
vcita can be either the trigger app or the action app.
How to create a Zap
- Start in Zapier and make sure you are logged in. If you don't have a Zapier account, you can create one.
- Specify the trigger app and select a trigger. Trigger options vary based on which app you select. See below for a list of vcita's triggers.
- Selet the action app and the action you want to peerform. Again, the actions available vary based on the app you selected. See below for a list of vcita's actions.
In the below example, we have selected vcita as the trigger and Mailchimp as the action.
When a New Client (trigger) is added in vcita (trigger app), a new subscriber should be added/updated (action) in Mailchimp (action app).
Configuring your zap
- Connect both your accounts using the relevant credentials and grant permission for Zapier to access data on both apps.
- Next, use the advanced options to customize the action to make sure you are adding/updating information in the right fields. The options will differ based on the action and app you selected.
For example, you can set the subscriber's email to pull from the email of the client in vcita.
- When you are done customizing the action, click Continue.
- In the next step you can test your zap.
- Finally, you can click on the pencil icon in the upper left corner to give your zap a name and then activate it by turning it on.
Tip: You can set up a multi-step zap!
Disable a zap
- Go to your zaps page and click the toggle to turn it off.
vcita supports the following triggers:
- New Client
- New Appointment: One-on-one bookings only. Events are not supported as triggers.
- New Invoice: Invoices that have been sent. Invoices in Draft status are not supported as triggers.
- New Payment: Payments with a status of Paid. Payments with a status of Pending etc. are not synced.
Whenever any of these triggers are activated within your account, vcita will report data to the third-party application that you have connected via Zapier and the action your set up will be carried out.
vcita supports the following actions:
Whenever vcita receives data from the third-party application based on the trigger that you set in the zap, the selected action is carried out in your vcita account.
Learn how to create specific zaps for vcita!