Setting up the Client and Contact Fields
The Client Card stores all information about your client, including their contact info and other client fields that you need to work with them.
- Contact Info: Found on the right-hand side of the client card and includes the email, phone number, address and other contact details of the client
- Client Info: Found on the left-hand side of the client card and include other information that you would need to offer your services, like information about the client's allergies or their tax filing status.
Some contact fields are provided by default like first name, last name and email address. You can add more client fields and use them to collect and store more information about your clients.
Adding and Editing Client Card Fields
- Begin in your vcita dashboard and navigate to Settings > Client Card and Forms.
- In the Client/Contact Fields tab, you will find a list of all the current fields in your client card.
- Click Add Contact Field to add a piece of contact information or click on Add Client Field to add a client field.
- Field type: The type of information you want to store, like text, an address or a date.
- Field name: The label that appears on your intake forms. Make sure it's sufficiently descriptive enough that your clients know what to enter.
- Required field: Check this option if the field is mandatory. Clients will not be able to submit the form if they don't fill it in.
- Display on forms until filled out: If there is no information in this field on the client card, it will appear again to the client on the specified forms until they fill it out. If you clear this field in the client card by deleting the data, the client will be prompted to answer again. This option is recommended when you don't want to make the field required, but you would like to collect the information.
- Select the forms you would like this field to appear on from the dropdown. Select from the 'Leave Details' (contact) form, Scheduling form (filled out when booking) and Payment form (filled out when submitting a payment). You can add fields to as many forms as needed. If you don't select any forms, your clients will not see the field. However, the field will still be added to the Client Card as an internal field so you can record the information manually.
Important: Please do not type client info into the client card field settings. If you need to create a new client, navigate to Clients and click New Client.
The different field types are:
|Single line text||A one-line field in which clients can enter free text. Email, First Name and Last Name are special single line text types.|
|Unique ID||A one-line field intended to collect a unique client identifier, such as social security number, customer ID number and so on.
IMPORTANT: This field should be used only for data that is different for every client. Do NOT use this field type to collect information such as age, etc. You cannot add more than one client with the same unique ID and you can only have one unique ID field in your CRM.
|Drop down list||A dropdown list of predefined options. Clients can pick one. Type each dropdown option on a separate line in the text box.|
|Date picker||A date picker from which clients can select a date.
Note: The Birthday field is a date picker field.
|Phone number||A field in which clients can enter an alternate number (in addition to the number in the required Phone field provided).
You can switch the phone number to use in the client card if you collect more than one.
|Checkbox||A checkbox. You can specify whether or not the box should be checked by default.|
|Opt-in for campaigns||A special type of Checkbox field intended to obtain clients' consent to receive your marketing promotions. For more details about this option, refer to Restricting Promotions to Opted-in Clients. You can restrict your campaigns to send them only to client who have this field enabled.|
When you hover over a row in the Client Fields tab, some action icons appear that let you manage your fields.
- To reorder client fields, click and drag the field to the desired position.
- To remove fields that you don't use, click . (Email, First Name and Phone are required fields, and cannot be deleted. )
- Click the pencil icon to Edit the client field. You can change the field name, which forms it appears on and some other field settings. Note that the field type may not be changed.
Please sign in to leave a comment.