One of the most valuable benefits of using tags is being able to easily send campaigns that are customized to the needs of a specific sector of your client base. The sections below explain how to set up tagging for the following common campaign use cases:
Note: The examples provided here show how to prepare and filter your client data to support use of the different campaign types. The procedures do NOT explain how to create the campaigns themselves. To read more details about creating and working with campaigns, click here. For an overview of some additional useful campaign features, watch this short video.
Setting Up Tagging for Birthday Campaigns
The key to successful birthday campaign setup is adding a birth date field to your set of client details, so clients can easily send you this data. Once you have birth date information, you can filter it and create appropriate tags. Here's how to do it.
To set up tagging for birthday campaigns:
- At the left side of the vCita console, click Settings. Then, at the upper right corner of the Settings page, click Client Card.
- At the bottom of the page, open the Add Field list, and select Date. Then, to add the field to your Client Card Settings, click Add.
- Change the default Date label to a meaningful phrase, such as Date of Birth. To the right of the label, indicate the conditions under which the field will be presented to clients, by selecting the relevant checkboxes.
When you are finished, click Save Changes.
- At the left side of the vCita console, click Clients. Then, at the right side of the page under Filter Clients, select the Date of Birth checkbox.
To filter by birth month, select the relevant month from the Specific Month list.
- Select all the clients on the filtered list, and then click Add Tags.
Create a tag that is easy to remember and recognize, such as Feb Birthday or DOB_Feb. For complete details about how to add tags, click here.
- Repeat Steps 4-5 to create birthday tags for other months of the year.
- Now, create your birthday campaign. When you are ready to send it, select the recipients according to the tag you created for the relevant month.
Setting Up Tagging for Secondary Campaigns
This section shows how tags can help you fine-tune the target audience so your campaigns get the most return. The following procedure explains how to select clients who responded to a previous campaign, as they are the ones most likely to act again.
To set up tagging for secondary campaigns:
- At the left side of the vCita console,open the Campaigns menu, and click Campaigns.
- Scroll to the relevant campaign, and click View Stats.
- At the left side of the list that opens, select the checkboxes of clients who responded to the campaign (Viewed, Clicked, Engaged, etc.).
Then, at the top of the page, click Add tags.
- In the Add Tags dialog, create a tag that is easy to remember and recognize, such as Clicked_Leader Campaign. For complete details about how to add tags, click here.
- Now, create your secondary campaign. When you are ready to send it, select recipients according to the relevant tags.