One of the most valuable benefits of using tags is being able to easily send Announcements that are customized to the needs of a specific sector of your client base. The sections below explain how to set up tagging for the following common use cases:
Note: The examples provided here show how to prepare and filter your client data to support use of different Announcement types. The procedures do NOT explain how to create the Announcements themselves. For more details about creating and working with Announcements, click here.
Setting Up Tagging for Date-based Announcements
The key to setting up a successful date-based (e.g., anniversary) Announcement is adding a date field to your set of client details, so clients can easily send you this data. Once you have information about anniversaries or other special dates, you can filter it and create appropriate tags.
Note: If you have a subscription of Business or higher, it is recommended to use Automated Campaigns for birthday promotions.
The following procedure uses an anniversary promotion as an example, but the process is the same for setting up Announcements for any special date.
To set up tagging for anniversary Announcements:
- Open the Settings menu and click Client Card & Forms.
- At the bottom of the page that opens, click Add Client Field.
The Add client field popup opens.
- Click the Field type line and select Date.
Then complete the other settings and click Add. For example:
For more details about the settings, check our article Working with Client Fields.
- Now open the Clients menu. At the right side of the page under Filter Clients, select the Anniversary checkbox.
To filter by month, select the relevant month from the Specific Month list.
- Select all the clients on the filtered list. Then, click Manage Tags > Add tags.
Create a tag that is easy to remember and recognize, such as Feb Anniv or Anniversary_Feb. For complete details about how to add tags, click here.
- Repeat Steps 4-5 to create anniversary tags for other months of the year.
- Now, create your Announcement. When you are ready to send it, select the recipients according to the tag you created for the relevant month.
Setting Up Tagging for Secondary Announcements
This section shows how tags can help you fine-tune the target audience so your Announcements get the most return. The following procedure explains how to create a tag for clients who responded to a previous Announcement, as they are the ones most likely to act again.
Once you have created the tag, you will be able to send secondary Announcements using the tag, thus marketing directly to clients who have engaged with previous Announcements.
To set up tagging for secondary Announcements:
- At the left side of the vCita console, open the Marketing menu, and select Announcements.
- Scroll to the relevant Announcement, and click View Stats.
- At the left side of the list that opens, select the checkboxes of clients who responded to the campaign (Viewed, Clicked, Engaged, etc.).
Then, at the top of the page, click Add tags.
- In the Add Tags dialog, create a tag that is easy to remember and recognize, such as Clicked_Leader Campaign. For complete details about how to add tags, click here.
- Now, create your secondary Announcement to directly target the clients who engaged with your first Announcement. When you are ready to send it, select the recipients based on the new tag that you created.