As your client base grows, keeping track of the valuable information you have accumulated about each client can become complex and even challenging. vCita's tagging capability lets you easily organize your clients into groups based on labels, or tags. The tags you create become part of your client data and are clearly displayed when you scan the client list.
The following topics explain the importance of tags and how to use them effectively:
Why Use Tags?
Tags allow you to quickly label, organize, group and filter information related to your contacts and your business interaction with them. The tag system is based on customized labels that you create, so you can sort your data using personalized words, phrases or themes that are meaningful to you. Searching for clients according to tags lets you easily find the information that is most important and relevant for the actions and operations you need to perform.
In addition to easily finding and sorting clients, you can use tags to:
- Store important unstructured information: For example, you could create tags to keep a record of clients' sources of referral to you.
- Perform bulk operations: You can share a document with a group of clients, or send an invitation to several clients simultaneously to book an appointment, pay, and more. For details, click here.
- Ensure appropriate campaign targeting: Make sure you send your promotions to the relevant audience by filtering the recipients using tags. For an example, refer to Setting Up Tag-based Campaigns.
Adding Tags to Client Accounts
You can add tags to an individual client's account, or to multiple client accounts simultaneously. The following sections explain different ways to do it.
Note: Once you create a tag, it cannot be deleted from the system. However, you may remove tags from client accounts at any time.
Adding Tags to a Single Client Account
Tags for a specific client are added from the Client Card. Use this option to store information that is relevant only to that client, or to add the client to an existing client group (a set of clients who share one or more tags).
You may add tags from either the main Client Card (opened from the Clients page), or the auxiliary Client Card that appears on the right side of the page when you open an appointment, invoice, conversation, etc. related to a specific client. For example:
The procedure below explains how to add tags from the main Client Card. If you are starting from the auxiliary Client Card, begin with Step 2.
To add tags from the main Client Card:
- At the left side of the vCita console, click Clients. Then, open the main Client Card by selecting the relevant client from the list.
- From the Client Card, make sure that the Main tab is selected. Then, click in the Add tags field.
- Add tags by using one or both of the following techniques:
* When you click the Add tags field, all previously created tags appear in a popup menu. To add one of these tags, simply click the one you need. The menu list remains open so you can select additional tags if necessary.
* If the tag you need isn't listed, create it by typing the text in the Add tags field and then pressing <Enter>.
- Review the tags you added. To remove a tag that isn't relevant or that you added by mistake, click the Remove icon to the right of the tag name.
- When you are finished adding tags, click anywhere on the screen.
Your changes are saved automatically.
Adding Tags to Multiple Client Accounts
For convenience, you can assign tags to multiple clients in a single bulk operation. This option is recommended when you want to create a client group. For example, you can group clients who have specific dietary needs by assigning them different tags such as gluten free, vegetarian, kosher, etc.
To add tags to multiple client accounts:
- At the left side of the vCita console, click Clients. Then, at the left side of the Clients List, select the checkboxes of the clients to which you want to assign tags.
- At the top of the page, click Add tags.
The Add Tags dialog opens.
- Click in the Add tags field. All previously created tags appear in a popup menu. To add one of these tags, simply click the one you need. The menu list remains open so you can select additional tags if necessary.
If the tag you need isn't listed, create it by typing the text in the Add tags field and then pressing <Enter>.
- At the lower right corner of the dialog, click ADD TAGS.
The dialog closes, and a confirmation message is displayed.
- To view your changes in the Clients List, refresh the page.
Adding Tags to Client Accounts Using Export and Import
If you want to create multiple tags for different combinations of clients, it may be most efficient to export your Client list to a CSV file, add the tags to the Tags column of the CSV file, and then import the list back into vCita.