Adding Products and Services to Invoices and Estimates
Every vcita invoice and estimate is built using the following template:
The Items section of an estimate/invoice is the itemized list of services or products you are billing your client for. You may apply discounts and taxes per line item. The total is calculated automatically.
Adding Items to the List
vcita automatically populates the items catalog based on your service menu. You may also add custom items on the fly, and save them for future use.
To add items:
- Start in the invoice or estimate builder and scroll to the Items section.
- Click Please select an item and select a service or product from the dropdown.
- Adjust the Quantity and click Add.
Adding a Custom Item to the Items List
If you want to add a new paid service, all you have to do is add the new service to your services menu, and it will automatically appear in your catalog. For a new/custom service or a product, you can create a custom item.
To add a custom item:
- In the Items section of the Estimate or Invoice builder, click Please select an item.
- Type in the name of your custom product/service (In this example, 'SAT Prep Booklet').
- Click Create New Item.
- In the New Item popup, enter the item's name, description, the quantity you wish to add and the price.
- Enable the checkbox to Save the item to your items catalog for future use.
Removing Items From the List
- Click the ⋮ icon next to any item and select Delete.
Adding Taxes and Discounts
To add a discount:
- Click the ⋮ icon next to any item and select Edit.
- Select the discount type from the list (percentage or fixed amount). Then enter the value of the discount in the Discount field.
To add a tax:
- To add a tax, click a Tax field. If you have previously defined taxes, they will appear in the dropdown for you to select.
- Create a new tax by selecting Add a new tax.
- In the popup, enter a description for the tax and the tax rate.
- Click Add.