vCita's My Documents feature allows you to store documents you use frequently directly in your account, giving you instant access to them as you work. A list of all the files you have uploaded to your account appears in the collapsible My Documents pane, on the right side of the Documents menu.
This article presents:
- Building Your Set of Documents: Explains how to upload documents to your account
- Managing Your Documents: Describes different actions you can take on uploaded files (sharing, adding a description, etc.)
Building Your Set of Documents
The Upload action allows you to quickly and easily build your documents library. You can add a single document, or upload multiple files at once.
When adding documents, keep the following limitations in mind:
- You cannot upload audio or video files, executable files (.EXE), or any file type that is designed to be displayed in a web browser (e.g., HTML).
- The size of each file you upload must be 20 MB or less.
To add files to My Documents:
- At the bottom of the My Documents pane, click Upload To My Documents.
The New Document dialog opens.
- Add the document(s) you want to upload by dragging and dropping the file(s) into the specified area. Alternatively, you can click in the area and then navigate to and select the file(s).
- If you have selected only one file, you may enter a title and description for the document. (If multiple files are selected, the title and description fields are hidden.)
- To upload the document(s), click Save.
The selected files are added to the My Documents collection.
Managing Your Documents
The action icons provided for each document in your collection let you organize, work with and manage your files.
The following actions are available:
|Icon||Action||Description / Notes|
Displays a public link for document access. Click Grab Link to copy the link. Click Send By Email to share the document with clients via email.
Enables you to add or update the document's title and description.
|Click to show the following actions:|
|N/A||Remove||Removes the file from the My Documents list. If you have previously shared the document with clients, they will still be able to download it.|
|N/A||View||Downloads the file.|