One on One appointment options:
I chose the appointment type of "Phone Call - Client Calls You" or "In-Person - At Client's Location". Will my client be asked to provide the needed information?
- Yes. Your client will be asked to provide their phone number or address of the desired location for each of those appointment types, respectively.
How many services can I create?
- Users on the Online Scheduling, Essentials, Business & Enterprise subscription plans may create as many services as desired.
- All other subscriptions plans may create up to three total services.
What happens when a client schedules one of these services?
- Both you and the client will receive a notification email for the request. Based on your scheduling settings, you can then either review the request or have it accepted automatically. The name of the service and the information needed to complete the meeting will be included in the email you receive.
- Please note: If you have chosen to "Request payment up-front" you will need to manually review that meeting at this time, regardless of the acceptance settings.
Can I embed a Service Menu on my website?
- Absolutely! From your account dashboard Edit LiveSite button then click on Add to Website. Then click Edit for the Scheduling Calendar.
- Once there, select Service Menu from the layout options. You can then click Add to Website to get the instructions/code needed to add it to your site.
What happens if I delete a service?
- Once deleted, that option will be removed from your service menu. It will no longer be accessible via the public menu or a direct link. All existing meetings for that service time will remain unchanged.
My business hours start at 8:30AM. I have created a service with a 30 minute duration, and set it up with 15 minutes of preparation time. My intervals are set to calculate automatically. How will this look on my calendar when a client schedules?
- Based on your settings, the available times that will be offered to the client are: 8:30, 9:15, 10:00, 10:45, 11:30 etc. (30 Min Duration + 15 Min Padding = 45 Min Intervals)
Your client chooses to book the appointment for 9:15AM. Your client will receive a confirmation email confirming the 30 minute appointment time of 9:15AM-9:45AM.
The Preparation Time will be from 9:00AM-9:15AM, and no other meetings can be booked during this specific 15 minute period. Your vCita availability will now display as 8:30, 10:00, 10:45, 11:30, etc.
The booked time-slot is removed from your availability and all other non-conflicting slots remain.
- Please note: The time blocked before a meeting due to Preparation Time will not be visible; it will automatically calculate that time for you on the back-end and remove any conflicting times from your availability.
My service is 30 minutes long, with 10 minutes of preparation time. I have selected the option to "Automatically Calculate" my intervals. What will this look like on my calendar?
- The Automatically Calculate option for Service Intervals combines the duration of the appointment + the preparation time. In this instance, you will display 30 minute appointments every 40 minutes.
- Duration (30m) + Preparation time (10m) = 40 Minutes.
I don't want to add preparation time. Do I have to?
- You do not. If you choose not to enable this option, no additional time will be added to the start of each meeting.
I am trying to set up these options, but they are grayed out for me. What do I do?
- If you do not have access to edit these settings, you will need to upgrade to a premium plan. Click My Account > Change Plan to do so.
I want all of my services to be offered at the same time each day. How do I do this?
- You can set your global business hours under Settings > Calendar. If you wish for all of your services to be offered during the range of time you set here, be sure that you do not enable the service specific business hours under Settings > Services.
I only offer one of my services one day a week. How do I set this up?
- Visit Settings > Services to add a new service or edit an existing one. In the service set-up screen, select the Availability check-box. You can then select the specific business hours that this particular service is available for.
I'm using the Business or Enterprise subscription. How do the per-service business hours affect my staff members?
- When using a multi-staff subscription, you will first need to configure your global business hours under Settings > Calendar. This will control the general availability for all services.
Then, visit Settings > Staff > Edit > My Schedule to set the overall business hours for that specific employee. Once you have configured both options, your staff members will only be available to be booked for services where their business hours intersect with the global business hours.
A service has availability of 8:00AM-4:00PM every Monday and Wednesday for a 30 minute phone call.
A staff member has availability of 8:00AM-1:00PM on Monday only.
This particular staff member can be booked for the 30 minute phone call on Monday between 8:00am-1:00PM.
- LiveSite Service Menu Overview
- Add a One-on-One Appointment to your Service Menu
- Add a Group Event to your Service Menu
Still have questions? Contact us.