vCita's group events is a great way for you to hold meetings, classes, workshops or any other event you want to allow more than one person to attend.
Clients can sign up online until all the available spots are taken. Once you add a group event to your service menu, you can set the time the event will take place. It can be a single instance or you can open the event to a new registration on specific times on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Add a Group Event to your Service Menu
- Set a time for the new event
- Edit an event occurrence
- Managing attendees
- Invite Clients to Register
- Cancelling an event
The LiveSite service menu is the list of meetings or events that you'd like to allow your clients to schedule online. This article will focus on creating a Group Event for your clients to schedule with you online.
Appointments of this type include you and X amount of customers, as determined by you.
To set up your service menu, select Settings>Services from the left navigation bar. To add a new service click the Add button and select Group Event or Class from the dropdown menu
You will then see the service configuration page.
You are able to configure the following options on a per-service basis:
- Show on menu: You may have a service that you would like to offer to certain clients, but you don't want it to be publicly available on your menu. Deselect this option if don't wish for the service to be displayed on your LiveSite service menu. For each of your services, including those that are not displayed on your service menu, you can find the associated Scheduling Link under Publish > Additional Links.
- Service Name: Set a name for your service. For example: "Weekly Webinar" or "Drop-in Yoga class"
- Service Details: Add any additional information about the service so your clients will know what to expert and what the service includes. The service details will display directly below the service name on your menu.
- Max attendees: The maximum number of clients that can register online to the event.
You have an option to edit this default value when you set up time for the event later on, or while editing the event.
- Communication Type: Here you will set how or where the service will take place.
Your available choices are: Phone call, On Location, Skype call, or Online (for an outside meeting service).
For each Communication Type, you will be able to specify an address, phone number or URL to your preferred video conference or webinar platform.
- Default Staff: If you are on the Business subscription, you may select which staff member should provide the service by default. You may change this on a per-occurrence basis.
- Duration: This controls the length of the service. Clients will not have the option to randomly block your schedule or choose their own meeting length.
- Preparation Time: This allows you to add a certain amount of time before each service to allow for preparation. This feature is also known as "padding"; the time you set here will be added before the event starts.
Please note: The preparation time is not calculated for the first available time of the day.
- Fee Display: Under Fee display, you may choose if you'd like to display an associated fee for a service (or not). If you decide to set a fee you may also request payment up-front for a service.
Please note: in order to successfully request payment up-front, you will need to also configure your payment gateway under Settings > Payments. Click here to learn more about getting started with online payments.
- Set occurrences: For each event you can determine the specific time which it will take place.
Before you click on Go to calendar to schedule times for the event, you should first save the updates for the service.
An event can be set with one single occurrence, or you can allow registration for this event on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Request Info: To expand this option, click Edit under Client Fields. Here you can customize the form clients are required to complete while scheduling the specific service. You are able to customize a different form for each service.
The form consists of two field types: Client Card Fields and Service Fields.
The Client Card Fields usually include basic contact information like their email address, first name and last name, and they are usually mandatory. These fields are best used to collect information from your client that does not need to be updated each time they contact you. These fields are not set-up within the service itself. To learn more about the Client Card Fields and how to customize them, click here.
Under the Service Fields section, you can add different fields and collect any information regarding the client or the client's preferences for the selected service. The client will be requested to provide this information each time they schedule that service with you, and unlike client fields, service fields will be requested for both existing and new clients.
How to Configure Service Fields:
- From the Add service field drop-down menu, select the field type you wish to add and choose Add. Use the “Single line” or “Multi line” field type to add an open text-box. Use the "Drop Down" field type to add a set of different values the client can choose from.
- Once the field has been added, you can set it with specific label/prompt by overriding the ‘New Field’ text.
- Check the Required Field option if you wish to set the new field as mandatory.
- Enable the Show Notes box if you would like to allow clients to enter any additional note or inquiry.
- Save the changes when done.
After you created and saved the new Group Event, the system will prompt you to continue to the Calendar to set the time the event will take place and its occurrences.
Please note: Clients will be able to see the event on your LiveSite service menu if you allowed it, but available times will be offered to the client only after you have added the event to your calendar.
Set time for the event:
- From the left navigation bar, select Calendar
- On the calendar select the date for the first occurrence and select box for the start time slot (or the appropriate hours slots) and select Event or Class from the drop down menu
- Select the desired event from the Services list
- Adjust the Start Time and End Time if needed
- Repeats - An event can be opened for registration on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. You can set is to terminate on a specific date or after specific amount of occurrences.
Please note: Even if you set an event to Repeat, it will not automatically add each client to each occurrence if the client is requesting the event. The client will need to sign up to each specific occurrence separately.
However, the business owner/organizer may manually choose to invite a client to all events from the back-end of the vCita calendar.
- Invitation only event - Upon checking this option, only clients with the unique registration link will be able to register to the event. This link will provide a sign-up for that specific time/date occurrence.
Please note: Each occurrence will have its own unique link that you can share with your clients (even if the invitation only option was not checked). The link will be created after the Schedule Event setting is saved. Simply click on the specific occurrence to view the Invitation link. Click here to learn more.
Continue reading the article to learn all of your options for inviting clients to an event.
- Edit Event info - The event fee, attendees and type are taken from the event settings on the service menu. However, if needed, you can edit it per occurrence.
- Click on Create to save.
Once you have added an event to the calendar, you have an option to edit and manage each specific occurrence.
To view an event, find it on your Calendar and click on it. You will be able to see the current event settings including the number of clients that have registered, and the unique event invitation link.
Select Edit to make changes to the event. As in the Schedule Event page, you will be able to change the event date and time, communication type, fees, attendees, and mark the event as invitation only.
Making changes to an event occurrence will send an email notification to the clients in case there are already registered.
For each event occurrence, you can view how many people already registered.
If you requested a payment upfront, you can see the payment status of each attendee. You also have an option to cancel a registration of a specific attendee by selecting their name from the list on the right.
How to Manually Register Clients
- If you wish to register attendees yourself, select the Register Clients button.
- You can then choose if you'd like to invite the client to the specific occurrence, or all occurrences in the event series.
- You will then see the client-selection screen, which will allow you to choose multiple clients at one time.
- Click Continue to add a note with your invitation, and then choose Send.
- Once you make your selections and click Send, the client(s) will be automatically registered and receive the appropriate notification email.
You have two options for inviting a client to register themselves to an event (aside from displaying the option on your LiveSite Service Menu): Your Unique Invitation Link as well as the Event Action Link.
- To get the Unique Invitation Link, navigate to Calendar and click on the desired event. The unique link will be in the event Details. This will allow the customer to register for that specific occurrence.
- To get the Event Action Link, navigate to Publish > Links and Buttons. You can then choose the Event from the service drop-down displayed there. This will allow the customer to choose from any occurrence that you have configured. Click here to learn more about this option.
When cancelling an event, you can select if you would like to cancel only the specific occurrence, or the whole series (which will remove all future event occurrences).
If you cancel an event, an automatic cancellation email will be sent to the clients. You have an option to type in a customized cancellation message that will be sent to the clients.
- LiveSite Service Menu Overview
- Add a One-on-One Appointment to your Service Menu
- Service Menu FAQ'S (for 1:1 Appointments)
Still have questions?Contact us.