Adding a One-on-One Appointment to your Service Menu
The LiveSite service menu is the list of meetings or events that you'd like to allow your clients to schedule online. This article will focus on creating a 1:1 appointment for your clients to schedule with you online.
Appointments of this type include just you (or a member of your team) and one client.
To set up your service menu, select Settings>Services from the left navigation bar.
To add a new service click the Add button. Then from the drop-down menu, select 1:1 Appointment.
You will then see the service configuration page.
You are able to configure the following options on a per-service basis:
- Show on menu: You may have a service that you would like to offer to certain clients, but you don't want it to be publicly available on your menu. Deselect this option if don't wish for the service to be displayed on your LiveSite service menu. For each of your services, including those that are not displayed on your service menu, you can find the associated Scheduling Link under Publish > Additional Links.
- Service Name: Set a name for your service. For example: "Consultation Call"
- Service Details: Add any additional information about the service so your clients will know what to expect and what the service includes. The service details will display directly below the service name on your menu, as seen in the screenshot at the top of this article.
- Communication Type: Here you will set how or where the appointment will take place. Your available choices are: phone call, in-person, Skype, or another online meeting service.
For each Communication Type, you will be able to specify an address, phone number or URL to your preferred video conference or webinar platform, or ask the clients to provide their own, depending upon your chosen option.
- Provided by: If you are on the Business subscription, you may select which staff member(s) should provide the service. Multiple staff members can provide the same service.
- Duration: This controls the length of the appointment. Clients will not have the option to randomly block your schedule or choose their own meeting length.
- Preparation Time: This allows you to add a certain amount of time before each appointment to allow for preparation. This feature is also known as "padding"; the time you set here will be added before the appointment starts.
Please note: The preparation time is not calculated for the first available time of the day.
- Intervals: This section controls how your availability is displayed to your clients. By default, it is set to calculate automatically. It is recommended to leave it as the default. The default option takes the meeting duration and adds that to the preparation time, and that becomes your interval.
- Availability (Optional): By default, all services will be offered during your general business hours which can be configured under Settings > Calendar. However if you only offer a certain service during specific times, you may enable this option to configure the special hours. Hours set on the service-level will override your general hours.
- Fee Display: Under Fee display, you may choose if you'd like to display an associated fee for a service (or not). If you decide to set a fee you may also request payment up-front for a service.
Please note: in order to successfully request payment up-front, you will need to also configure your payment gateway under Settings > Payments. Click here to learn more about getting started with online payments.
- Request Info: To expand this option, click Edit under Client Fields. Here you can customize the form clients are required to complete while scheduling the specific service. You are able to customize a different form for each service.
The form consists of two field types: Client Card Fields and Service Fields.
The Client Card Fields usually include basic contact information like their email address, first name and last name, and they are usually mandatory. These fields are best used to collect information from your client that does not need to be updated each time they contact you. These fields are not set-up within the service itself. To learn more about the Client Card Fields and how to customize them, click here.
Under the Service Fields section, you can add different fields and collect any information regarding the client or the client's preferences for the selected service. The client will be requested to provide this information each time they schedule that service with you, and unlike client fields, service fields will be requested for both existing and new clients.
How to Configure Service Fields:
1) From the Add service field drop-down menu, select the field type you wish to add and choose Add. Use the “Single line” or “Multi line” field type to add an open text-box. Use the "Drop Down" field type to add a set of different values the client can choose from.
2) Once the field has been added, you can set it with specific label/prompt by overriding the ‘New Field’ text. For example: "Who referred you?"
3) Check the Required Field option if you wish to set the new field as mandatory.
4) Enable the Show Notes box if you would like to allow clients to enter any additional note or inquiry.
5) Save the changes when done.
- Add a new Group Event or Class
- LiveSite Service Menu FAQ's (1:1 Appointments)
- LiveSite Service Menu Overview
- Add LiveSite to your website
Still have questions? Contact us.