Syncing vcita with Your Google Calendar
This article will show you how to sync your private Google calendar with vcita. All meetings and events marked as Busy will appear on your vcita calendar. We only pull busy time, so any appointments with the time marked as "Free" will not display in your vCita calendar. Your clients will not be able to see these synced events, but clients won't be able to schedule during your synced busy time. Once you sync a calendar, vcita will check about every 10 minutes for busy time and automatically update.
To sync a Google calendar with vCita:
- Login to your vCita account, open the Settings menu and select Availability & Calendar.
- If you are the only staff member in the vCita account, proceed to Step 3.
If you have multiple staff members, at the bottom of the page, click the <your name> Settings link to open the staff settings for your schedule.
- Scroll down to the Calendar Sync section. In the Google Calendar row, click Sync Availability.
A popup opens, prompting you to login to your Google account that you want to sync.
- After logging into your Google account, you will be prompted to allow our Online Scheduler to access your account. At the bottom of the popup, click Allow.
The Google popup will close automatically once permission is granted.
- Under Calendar Pull, review the list of calendars associated with your Google account. Check the box next to each calendar you want to pull busy time from. All the selected calendars will affect your availability.
- Click Save Changes.
- If you want to stop syncing with Google Calendar, click Disconnect.
We recommend that you also review our article: How to make sure appointments will be automatically added to your Google calendar