Why Are Appointments Not Automatically Added to My Outlook Calendar?
In order for a meeting that was scheduled on vCita to be automatically added to your Outlook calendar you should:
- Make sure the email address tied to your vCita account is the same as the email address tied to your calendar.
- Make sure you receive an email notification from vCita with the subject "Appointment scheduled with [Your client's name]". This email contains a .ics file that will allow you to add the meeting to your calendar.
To review/change the email address on your vCita account, go to your Profile Settings page and edit the Email field.
*If you wish to receive vCita notifications to another email address you can add it to the Additional Emails field on that same page.
- Enable the Automatically process meeting requests and responses to meeting requests option on your Outlook calendar.
To enable this setting, follow the steps below:
For Outlook 2016:
- Click the File tab.
- Click Options.
- Click Calendar.
- Scroll down until you see the Automatic accept or decline section and click on the Auto Accept/Decline...button.
- Check the box marked automatically accept meeting requests and remove canceled meetings. The other settings are optional.
- Click OK to complete your changes.
- Click OK once more to save your changes.
For Outlook Mac:
- Open Outlook Web App in a preferred browser.
- Click the Settings gear in the upper right-hand corner, select Options/View all Outlook settings.
- Select Calendar on the main panel, and then select Events from Email
- Check the box for Automatically add events to my calendar from email. All other selections are optional.
Click Save at the upper right.
For additional assistance with Outlook, please visit the Outlook Help Center with Microsoft.
Still have questions? Contact Us