Sync Your Outlook Calendar to vcita
If you are using the Outlook Web App, Office 365, or Microsoft Exchange, you can sync your Microsoft calendar to vcita. Calendar sync is One Way - where Outlook pushes busy times to vcita every 10 mins, once connected.
In order for vcita appointments to show on your Outlook calendar, you will receive an email for each new event, with an ICS file that adds the appointment to your Outlook calendar.
Generate Your Outlook ICS Link
- Go to your Outlook Web Application and sign into your Outlook account.
Once there, look for either Settings or the tool wheel in your account. The location of your Outlook settings will vary based on which version of Outlook you are using.
Under settings, navigate and click on View all outlook settings (Options in some versions)
Click on Calendar > Shared Calendars > Publish a Calendar (Calendar Publishing in some versions)
Make sure to select your calendar and set the permissions to 'can view when I’m busy' or 'can view all details'.
- Copy the ICS link
Once you have your ICS link, return to vcita to complete the connection.
Sync to vcita
- Next, log into your vcita account.
- Go to Settings > Staff (just Settings for non-admins).
- Click the ⋮ icon next to the staff member you want to sync the Outlook calendar to and click Edit Staff Settings.
- Switch to the My Schedule tab.
- Click Sync Availability next to the Outlook option.
- Paste the ICS link you copied from your Outlook calendar into the provided box and click Synchronize.
**Please note that it may take up to 48 hours to synchronize calendar events to your vcita calendar when you first connect.
Synced events from your Outlook calendar will start appearing on your vcita calendar. They will have the prefix (Sync) in front of them.