Set Email and SMS Appointment Reminders
Reminders are sent to your client prior to their appointment, limiting last-minute cancellations and no-shows. vcita allows you to enable 2 reminders before appointments. You can send text message reminders along with the default email reminders.
Default Appointment Reminders
To get started, begin in your vcita account and go to Settings > Auto Client Messages and scroll down to the Reminders section.
- Enable reminders by selecting the time when you would like the reminders to go out from the dropdown.
- Select Disabled if you would like to disable that reminder instead.
- Check the text message checkbox to activate the SMS reminder (Business Plans and higher). You can customize the message. A vcita link is automatically attached to the end of each SMS reminder. The client can use to view their booking and take further action.
Please note you can either send email reminders only, OR email and SMS reminders. You cannot send only SMS reminders.
- At the top of the page, click Save.
Custom Reminders per Service
Custom client reminders and notifications are available on the Platinum package or higher.
You can set custom reminders for specific services. These reminders override the settings you selected on the Auto Client Messages page.
- Open the Settings menu and select My Services.
- Click on the service you would like to customize the reminders for.
- Navigate to the Client Notifications section.
- Under Reminders, select the Customize radio button.
- Configure the email and SMS reminders for this service.
- When you are finished, click Done (at the top of the page).
If you do not want any reminders to be sent, disable the feature by going to Settings > Auto Client Messages. In the Reminders section, make sure that:
- The Schedule for option is set to Disabled
- The Send via text message (SMS) as well box is left unchecked
Click the Save button at the top of the page to save any changes you made.
Please sign in to leave a comment.