When an appointment is scheduled, vCita will send an automatic email to the assigned staff and client about the upcoming appointment.
By default, one email reminder will be sent 15 minutes before the meeting. Two reminders total can be set up, at your desired time frames before the appointment. Depending on your subscription level you may also configure SMS reminders to be sent to your client.
Client Appointment Reminders
Configure your default appointment reminders in the Auto Client Messages section of your settings. Custom reminders can also be set for specific services in Settings > My Services. Reminders set at the service level will override the defaults.
Auto Client Messages
To set your default appointment reminders, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Auto Client Messages
- Under the Reminders section, set the time before the appointment when the reminder should be sent out from the drop-down list. You can set up to two different reminders.
- If you do not want a reminder set, select "Disabled" from the Scheduled for drop-down menu
- Business Subscriptions or higher: To send the SMS reminder in addition to the email reminder, check the box next to Send reminder via text message (SMS) as well. You may choose to send one SMS reminder or two.
To set custom reminders for a specific service, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > My Services
- Click on the specific service to edit it
- Navigate to the section Client Notifications
- Under the Reminders section click on "Customize"
- Configure the Email and SMS reminders for this service
- Once complete, click the "Done" button found at the top of the page
About Client SMS Reminders
How It Appears to Clients
When you enable SMS reminders, a phone number field will be automatically added to the contact form clients are required to complete at the time of scheduling. Clients will be notified underneath that field that an SMS reminder will be sent before the meeting.
The phone field is not mandatory by default (unless the service is set for "You call the client") but you can choose to set it as mandatory. Check out our article Customizing Client Card Settings for more details.
If your business is located outside of the USA, Canada and France, you have the option to set a sender name that is displayed to recipients of your text messages (instead of displaying the source phone number). Keep in mind that sender name will not be displayed to clients located in the above countries, and that display of sender name is subject to local service provider regulations.
To set a sender name, open the Settings menu, click Business Info, and select the checkbox under Sender Name.
Then, on the line below, enter the sender name you want your clients to see. The name can contain up to 11 English letters and numbers only. Spaces and special characters are not supported.
Send SMS reminders to clients that do not have an email address
If you add clients to your vCita account that do not have email address, but they do have a phone number, they will receive SMS reminders when enabled.
If you do not want any reminders to be sent, this feature can be disabled by going to Settings > Auto Client Messages. In the Reminders section, under the "Schedule for" fields, select "Disable" from the drop-down menu that appears. Then click the "Save" button at the top.
Changing the Client Notification Number
On the client card, you can have multiple phone fields (cell phone, home phone, etc.). If you have more than two phone fields on the client card, you can change the number notifications are sent to if needed. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to Clients to access your Client list
- Click on the client you want to update
- Select the Info tab
- In the Additional Information section on the right, the field Mobile phone number for SMS notifications will show the current number SMS notifications are being sent to for this client
- If you have multiple phone numbers for the client, this field becomes clickable - click on the number displaying in the Additional Information section
- A drop-down menu will appear with the other valid numbers you can switch to - select the number you would like to use for SMS notifications
Still have questions? Contact Us